Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Gentlemen, you are looking at the future of the Victory brand. The Polaris big shots told us it was coming, that there were big changes due and Victory is to become the performance brand, while Indian fills the cruiser lineup.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
I'd like to see some actual specs, but as of right now, if they mass produced it, I'd buy one. If they could make enough of them in a full fairing I'd like to see it in AMA superbike. That motor did sound pretty nice.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
I'd like to see some actual specs, but as of right now, if they mass produced it, I'd buy one. If they could make enough of them in a full fairing I'd like to see it in AMA superbike. That motor did sound pretty nice.
As far as how the new Victorys and their engines are going to look, I'm keeping an open mind. The 156 is a highly specialized design for a singular purpose. When it comes to making a bike with mass appeal, Polaris may have very different ideas. I'll wager they are heavily into market research and surveys right now.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Gentlemen, you are looking at the future of the Victory brand. The Polaris big shots told us it was coming, that there were big changes due and Victory is to become the performance brand, while Indian fills the cruiser lineup.

I hope this isn't the case, I'm all for them adding models, but I love the existing victory lineup. I eventually want one of each haha. Indians don't look so cool

Iceball, cruising the Alaskan Frontier mile by mile.

·
Registered
251 Posts
So in ness gone and now we will have even more overpriced trinkets for our bikes? That's what we should be asking!!

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
If Polaris made as many bad decisions as some say here, their stock would not have more than doubled since I have been tracking it. Symbol PII. It closed today at $146.84, up $3.29. Can thousands of traders be wrong?

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
If Polaris made as many bad decisions as some say here, their stock would not have more than doubled since I have been tracking it. Symbol PII. It closed today at $146.84, up $3.29. Can thousands of traders be wrong?
From my observations, this forum is composed of a very focused small portion of the market, not a broad sampling. Polaris knows what they are doing, even if the marketing geniuses here don't agree. All that said, I want a damn pure American sportbike! Not a Buell with an outsourced engine.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
From my observations, this forum is composed of a very focused small portion of the market, not a broad sampling. Polaris knows what they are doing, even if the marketing geniuses here don't agree. All that said, I want a damn pure American sportbike! Not a Buell with an outsourced engine.
My bets are on that happening, Garion. Now it might not be one of those humping a watermelon posture types of sporty bike, but my guess is it will be sportier than what we are riding now--maybe a power cruiser. I'm just hoping there will be a pot full more of Indian dealers before Polaris does this morph on our Vics.

·
Registered
445 Posts
If you made the P156 Victory streetable right now, it'd slot into the Ducati Monster, Triumph Speed triple, Ducati Streetfighter naked bike segment. Now do you want to compete in that market or raise the bar and attack the MV Agusta Brutale end of the market?

If done well and I'm not sure the design legalities of having an underslung petrol tank like the P156 has, but say you can, then you pretty much have a full prototype motorcycle right now.

To Polaris:

Take a stand and make a class leading liquid cooled twin motorcycle. Fit it with worthy household name components like Ohlins and Brembo. The only way around this is produce or use a product that you can prove is better than the industry noted leaders.

Make it street legal but not full of fluffiness. ie no cup holder type bits. :)

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,704 Posts
looks a lot like a Indian motor

Yep. Sure does. I have to wonder if the Scout was originally intended to be a Victory under a different name of course.

Having ridden a Scout; I can say it has ample power in stock form. Beefing up the CI's and adding a performance cam would really make it haul ass. It would be fun in a sportbike type setup where the power band could really be put to good use.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The ultimate will be Moto GP...
That is asking a lot. AMA wouldn't be that far fetched but I don't even see them cracking into WSBK.
Racing at that level is insanely expensive with not much return in regards to sales. It is great for the tech side of things with testing and trickling parts down to street bikes. The problem is that if they aren't making full on sports bikes that sell worldwide racing is a waste of time and money. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see an American made sports bike, but that is a hard but to crack. There is a lot more tech that goes into a sports bikes and unless you're going to price it with the "boutique" brands, Ducati Aprilia MV Agusta ect, they won't see a return on the investment for quite few years.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I see Indian being the Cruiser only side of the parent company, with Victory providing the performance and R&D aspect. I don't think Victory will go after crotch rockets or motards, but I do see them with a line of bikes ranging from naked standards to full blown sport touring bikes with this motor. Obviously, Indian will benefit from the R&D aspect.

I'm still holding out for a Scout like bike with the Power Stroke 111 in it..........

·
Registered
289 Posts
Build it Victory........people will buy it!

We who had sport bikes that have aged a bit but still want something fast, exciting and with good cornering clearance.

I'm tired of 800 pound cruisers that are a burden to get out of my garage!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 55 Posts