Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What to do in New on a -7 degree F morning waiting on yet another snow storm?....Get all the crap I've collected, but can only dream of using into a pile and take a pic... :ride:
Once I can get through the block of ice that used to be my back yard this is what I have for the XC's re-emergence:
set of Michelin Commander IIs, full EBC HH pads, Lloydz ATS / 1/4 turn throttle, PPM contrast cut exhaust tips, RAM mount/GPS, Kury SwingWings / ISO Grips / weighted bar ends, Vic dipstick thermometer, tank bag, K&N oil filter, Daytona Pinned Wild Cherry helmet and not in the pic is my seat which is out getting an upgrade.

Do you have a winter pile of crap building up?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yep ..here is my pile.....

Attachments

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice upgrades to what you already have, PJ

·
Registered
352 Posts
nice
yes,my pile is getting bigger....and its killing me...:eek:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Mine is growing too!

You have enough parts there PaIN you could sit in a chair surrounded by them, make vroom vroom noises and pretend it was spring!

Mike

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
What to do in New on a -7 degree F morning waiting on yet another snow storm?....Get all the crap I've collected, but can only dream of using into a pile and take a pic... :ride:
Once I can get through the block of ice that used to be my back yard this is what I have for the XC's re-emergence:
set of Michelin Commander IIs, full EBC HH pads, Lloydz ATS / 1/4 turn throttle, PPM contrast cut exhaust tips, RAM mount/GPS, Kury SwingWings / ISO Grips / weighted bar ends, Vic dipstick thermometer, tank bag, K&N oil filter, Daytona Pinned Wild Cherry helmet and not in the pic is my seat which is out getting an upgrade.

PaiN , that's one big pile of crap !:D

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
That's a decent pile of crap PaIN! PJRom your pile of crap is awesome! My pile of crap consisted of an under drive pulley and some powder coat parts....

·
Registered
2,084 Posts

PaiN:

1) Nice pile.

2) For $29+shipping, you might want to do as I did. I have one of those U clamps from RAM, which I used for something. It's currently sitting in my RAM box of extensions, phone mount, etc.

I replaced it with "Chrome-B-231U-Black Handlebar Mount with 1" Ball" -- also available in chrome, "CHROME-B-231U Chrome Handlebar Mount with 1" Ball" -- from Mounting Innovations. If you're interested, go to http://mountinginnovations.com/ and click on "Bases With Balls" on the left menu. There are separate pics of this base at http://mountinginnovations.com/RAM Products/Chrome/Chrome.htm

Sturdy, clean lines, much nicer looking than the RAM clamp.

3) I had some Vic credit at the time of purchase, and one of the things I got was their dipstick thermometer. I used it for a while, and I believe it's now in some box on some shelf.

There are several problems with the thing. It's hard to see. It's very hard to remove: you're looking to burn your hand, without gloves; also, as I vaguely recall, given the twistable nature of the gauge part or something, it's very difficult to turn, when you're trying to remove it.

I don't remember all the details, but as I say, mine's on the shelf. So, um, I'm suggesting that you might want to be prepared to have mixed emotions on that one.

4) I just have some Speed Bleeders to install, and some fork guards, but my bike's three years old now.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Bill, but I don't care enough about the looks of the mount to spend another $35. As for the dipstick, I've already removed the rubber grip and sealed around the thermometer, then reattached the grip with more sealant. Its not going anywhere or is any moisture getting in.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I have a pile.... I will post pictures later today. The pile of parts is giving me anxiety though as I just want them on the bike with me at the controls. Preferably doing 70mph through the hills of AZ... 5 weeks seems like forever!!!

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Thanks Bill, but I don't care enough about the looks of the mount to spend another $35. As for the dipstick, I've already removed the rubber grip and sealed around the thermometer, then reattached the grip with more sealant. Its not going anywhere or is any moisture getting in.
Okay, no problem. Sounds like you know what you're doing, all right -- good plan, re the sealant. Maybe I should think about that...

·
Registered
352 Posts

Oh....and get that damn tire off the couch.....:ltr:
before momma beats you

·
Registered
640 Posts
I have no pile of crap. What I do have is an appt to get rear tire changed , front fork fluid changed. so there goes my pile to the dealer..sucks because I really wanted to get the Lind-bar crash bar this year. but I want to get the 15000 mi stuff out of the way 1st.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh....and get that damn tire off the couch.....:ltr:
before momma beats you
Yea, No...I neglected to get what's just above the couch....
(and yes that is Marilyn Monroe's feet....)

·
Registered
216 Posts
If I had a pile it would have;

New front tire
fork oil
air horn
Ness front brake master cylinder cover
????

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yea, No...I neglected to get what's just above the couch....
(and yes that is Marilyn Monroe's feet....)

cheers.........

·
Registered
227 Posts
No pile in my garage at the moment, it's all gone on and been "road tested".

Guess it's time to go shopping some more. Need to grab some Avon grips (maybe ISO, not sure) and the Lloydz 1/4 turn dealio. Then I need to hold off for a bit as I'm "not supposed to be spending on the new bike" anyhow. :cool:

And I probably should not buy ANYTHING for the bike on Valentine's Day.

D.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No pile in my garage at the moment, it's all gone on and been "road tested".

Guess it's time to go shopping some more. Need to grab some Avon grips (maybe ISO, not sure) and the Lloydz 1/4 turn dealio. Then I need to hold off for a bit as I'm "not supposed to be spending on the new bike" anyhow. :cool:

And I probably should not buy ANYTHING for the bike on Valentine's Day.

D.
You live in Texas....and should be banned for even posting in this thread :p
btw: I picked up my XC on Mother's day last year......it was rough for awhile after that stunt.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
You live in Texas....and should be banned for even posting in this thread :p
btw: I picked up my XC on Mother's day last year......it was rough for awhile after that stunt.... :rolleyes:
Yeah, you have to be careful about stuff like that. One Christmas, many years back, I gave my wife* a four-foot level... and a bunch of other stuff, too, of course. I mean, the household needed a four-foot level, so somebody had to receive it, right?

* By wife, I mean "my first wife," not my second one.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts