Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
I wasn't saying the noise was your compensator because I know what you're hearing (I get it if I buy some crappy fuel). You said you had never heard of a compensator, so I was just showing you what they are.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I wasn't saying the noise was your compensator because I know what you're hearing (I get it if I buy some crappy fuel). You said you had never heard of a compensator, so I was just showing you what they are.
Appriciate it. Now that I read about them I know exactly what they are. Just never knew the technical name. Thanks. cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
I live in Ft Wayne and I was wondering which dealer you are going to. Have you tried the one in coldwater, Michigan? They have helped me with my 06 Vegas when I first got it. The dealer here cares more about HD then Vics unless you bought the vic from them.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I live in Ft Wayne and I was wondering which dealer you are going to. Have you tried the one in coldwater, Michigan? They have helped me with my 06 Vegas when I first got it. The dealer here cares more about HD then Vics unless you bought the vic from them.
I'm 20min from ft Wayne .. I take it u have dEalt with the only Vic dealer In fort Wayne also.. I did buy the bike from them. Very frustrating. Great sales service but as soon as u sign papers and leave. It go to sh*t. This is even my second Vic I bought from him in the past Year!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes I have, I was so fustrated with them I bought my bike from the dealer in Plymouth, In. They were great and gave me a awesome deal on my trade in.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yes I have, I was so fustrated with them I bought my bike from the dealer in Plymouth, In. They were great and gave me a awesome deal on my trade in.
Well if this doesn't get fixed soon I will be going to seethe folks at turn 1. The customer svc at the shop in fort Wayne is not very helpful

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
!!!! Update. !!!!!

Well fellas good news. I only put about 25 miles on it since I took it in this afternoon but it seems to be gone! After argueing with them about changing back to a stock map. (keep in mind i have an ejk dobeck fuel controller on it to) They finally did it. He kept telling me that the s&s map was the best out there and that if it was gonna do it with it in there it would do it with a stock mapp. I think justriveria nailed it on the head when he mentioned that the dealer is still stuck in HD lala land. Maybe with an HD s&s has there shi* together but not with our Vic's. If s&s want to be a player in the victory market there going to need to step up and get there shi* together . Cause we as victory riders we don't have the time or the want to have to wrench on our bikes everytime we Wana ride . cheers. I'm gonna put some more miles on in the next couple days to make sure it's gone and I will definitely let everyone know the final results. Thanks to every one that chimed in. Greatly apprciate the help and the advice that the Vic community has.

Justriveria - who know we may see each other around. Blessing of the bikes is April 14th in arcola I plan on being there and Quaker steak and shake is havein a bike show / blessing on may 14th starting 5 pm I believe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
pinging

Hi guys dont know if you know it but theres a Victory dealer down in Berne IN about 40minutes south of Fort Wayne right on highway 27. They are great guys to deal with and are very helpful also and will do what ever they can to help with any problem or questions you have. Fear powersports is the name of the dealership.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah I have been there, great guys just started selling vics. I was there when the only had a few bikes last summer; plan on going once the weather improves.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Update

Well just wanted to update. It's been a couple weeks and have gotten a few hundred miles on since the s&s download was removed. Problem is gone bike seems alot smoother and like it has more power. Thanks for everyone's input. Good luck to you All. And safe riding

·
Registered
554 Posts
There are a few older threads related to the ECU flash needing to be at stock when installing a fuel controller. Glad it worked again.

·
Registered
37 Posts
warnet

I had a pinging issue with my 2008 Vision. After using Victory Carbon Clean the issue is almost resolved, it seldom pings anymore. You also may check to see if your machine has catalitic converters in the exhaust headers, they will plug up and can cause your problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same motor, '10 hammer, and same upgrades, s&s intake and Vic swept pipes, and the SAME PROBLEM. I'm gonna do exactly what you did, just one question being rather ignorant of EFI machines, is a PCV the same thing as a fuel controller?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I have the same motor, '10 hammer, and same upgrades, s&s intake and Vic swept pipes, and the SAME PROBLEM. I'm gonna do exactly what you did, just one question being rather ignorant of EFI machines, is a PCV the same thing as a fuel controller?
A pcv is a fuel controller. Pcv has the capabilitys to adjust fuel tables every 1000 rpm I believe, but its recommened to have it dyno tuned or buy the auto tune aswell. The ejk controller I went with is fairly simple. If you can jet a carb you can use the ejk. The same guy that designed power commander originally is the same guy that designed the ejk. Llyods fuel controller is made by Dobeck along with the ness big shot. Wiesco and many others are all Dobeck controllers but privately labeled. Ejk also offered a 10% forum discount . I paid 225 shipped to my door. I have been very happy with it and personally believe I have more power and better throttle response with the ejk. Good luck on which ever route you choose. Both are good choices and I highly reccomend getting rid of the s&s download.
http://www.electronicjetkit.com/default.asp

21 - 40 of 50 Posts