Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says... for the Kingpins that swapped over to X-Bike bags... What did you do for rear turn signals ???

·
Registered
164 Posts
sabertooth

Doing the same build only with a boardwalk.Got the brackets from WD got a kingpin fender on ebay,useing the BW taillight only.Now I would like to use the sabertooth LED lights from WD they are a running and brake light that go on the crosscountry bags. How can I turn them into signals?Or is there LED strips that I can use on the bags.Hope someone can helpthumb up

·
Registered
158 Posts
Kuryakyn has LED strip that fit nicely into the fold on back of the cross hard bags. I think they get wired into the signal lights. Look up parts on their site for Cross Country. The usually have instructions posted too so you can get a sneak peek at what's involved and what you can rig up to make them do what you want.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Why would you use a kingpin fender? The boardwalk fender would match the lines of the bags so much better! I would have almost been willing to trade you my kp fender for the boardwalk! :confused:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Led

They are the ones i talked about on my first post and they tell you they won't work as signals.Would really like to have them.Thanksthumb up

·
Registered
164 Posts
licence plate

Want to get black curved licence plate with led light.Has to wrap around bottom of kingpin fenderthumb up

·
Premium Member
13,287 Posts
They are the ones i talked about on my first post and they tell you they won't work as signals.Would really like to have them.Thanksthumb up
I bet they would work just fine but would need some different ends on the wires and a quick disconnect in line so they could be removed easily.

They probably mean they are not straight plug and play like they are on an XC with its wiring harness for running or brake lights. I've thinking more and more about them for brake lights to wake up sleepy or bad drivers.

If you already have LED turn signals you would not need a load equalizer I think.

·
Registered
164 Posts
keys

HMD520 have the lock keys and latch set for the xc bags ordering a set in the morning $185.00 plus don't have to worry about wear on the locks.There on there site under xc bagsthumb up

1 - 14 of 14 Posts