Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting the hacker ripper pipes for my 2007 Kingpin. Also was gonna buy the "AMS" Anger management System to go along with pipes. Does anybody have this setup or heard good or bad things about it?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Yow. Wish I'd seen this post sooner. I just got my Hacker Tru-Duels (yea, it's spelled wrong, but that's what they call 'em on their Web site) but I do have to say that Ronnie Hacker has been really great about emailing me back with answers to my questions. Just today we started the installation of the pipes and one of the clamps is defective so he's sending a replacement out to me.

I think the only gripes I have are that the installation instructions for the pipes themselves need to be a lot more detailed. For someone like me who has never installed an exhaust system on a bike before, having some more detail, and even some pictures and/or diagrams, in the instructions would really help out and eliminate a lot of guess work.

My other gripe is with the instructions for their Anger Management System (AMS), and this one is basically the same as the above gripe about the pipe installation instructions. I have no idea if the base settings in the AMS will work just fine for my bike and riding style or not. I also have no idea what they mean by "the Yellow fuel" for Tuning Mode 4 on the AMS.

As for putting the blame on the customer if the chrome peels or the color fades, it is stated several times on the Hacker "About Us and Opinions" and the "Exhaust "Blueing" Informative" page about making sure the bike is tuned properly to avoid "blueing" and excessive heat.

That said, I don't know anything else as I've never worked with these pipes or the AMS before. So I guess we'll see but so far my experience with Hacker has been really good. Once the pipes are on, and the AMS is installed, I'll post again.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
How are those Hacker Pipes holding up? I really like their Rippers / with the designer heat shield option

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have the hackers, no issues. The installs pretty simple I don't know how any one could F it up. Plug in the AMS follow the the directions let it cycle through. I left mine on the base settings no issues.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Ordered a set of Black Rippers with the chrome designer heat shields and thier quiet baffles from Hacker today. I'm taking a chance on them as I've seen some bad press on them on the internet, I like thier pipes and I've spoken with them several times on the phone and they seem to know what they are doing. Will post my experience back when I get the pipes

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Talked to the guys at my local dealer today and they really like the Hacker pipes. He said the only problem is trying to get pipes from them as they get backordered and can't deliver the pipes on time. But he said as far as performance and sound they are excellent pipes.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
What do you want from the pipes? Looks? Sound? Or do you want performance?

Pipes are EXPENSIVE. Most suck at anything but looking cool and sounding loud.

You can buy these RPW Thor pipes from
www.metricthunder.com
for $532 shipped. They are the best performing pipe you will find. When the site asks for a "coupon code" or "discount code" put in FORUM.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.