Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are all the pipes. LOL Ok us vision owners have a limited amount of pipes and dealers to choose from. Be nice to see some of the other big name start making some good sounding pipes for the Vision bikes. Seen a pair made by Paul Yaffe, ONLY FOR HARLEY. Asked about making some for victory bikes. Not interested. Man do these companies realize what they are missing out on?? I want a good sounding pair of pipes. DEEP deep tone and make people heads turn and the little HD babies weep because my bike blows their's away. LOL

·
Registered
257 Posts
Where are all the pipes. LOL Ok us vision owners have a limited amount of pipes and dealers to choose from. Be nice to see some of the other big name start making some good sounding pipes for the Vision bikes. Seen a pair made by Paul Yaffe, ONLY FOR HARLEY. Asked about making some for victory bikes. Not interested. Man do these companies realize what they are missing out on?? I want a good sounding pair of pipes. DEEP deep tone and make people heads turn and the little HD babies weep because my bike blows their's away. LOL
Why all the noise? Our futuristic space ship bikes should be stealthy. I ride a lot of long distance and I would think that after a while loud pipes would get kind of old. To bad they don't make cutouts for motorcycles then you could have the best of both worlds. cheers

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
I think the D&D's are a nice mix of tone and loudness....people can hear you coming but it is not obnoxious. And once they see your Vision, they can't take their eyes of her thumb up

·
Registered
64 Posts
chopped pipes

anyone try and do any modifying to the stock pipes to get more sound?? Not too worried about the power just want some good sound that i can hear a bit more, do want to run good too.

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
Why all the noise? Our futuristic space ship bikes should be stealthy. I ride a lot of long distance and I would think that after a while loud pipes would get kind of old. To bad they don't make cutouts for motorcycles then you could have the best of both worlds. cheers
I would love to have some cutouts on the pipes connected to solenoids to open the pipes just before they get to the mufflers; even the stage 1 muffs I'm currently running. They bog the bike down too much with the cams in it.

Then get the switch from Power Commander that lets me go from one tune to another in a second or two. That would be the totally hot setup and make it a sleeper too. Make the switch operate both the cutouts and the tune at the same time. Man! That would be badass!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Chopped pipes

Hey all. Thought I would share with u what I did I just removed the stock pipe and cut off the end next I drive out the existing baffle. I cut out the end cap then welded back into place. Looks just like stock w out end shield. Sounds real good. Maybe just a tad loud in town if u like it quiet but sweet on road.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
anyone try and do any modifying to the stock pipes to get more sound?? Not too worried about the power just want some good sound that i can hear a bit more, do want to run good too.
There are a LOT of people doing exactly that on the Cross Bike platform and (I believe) that the Vision exhaust themselves (from cat backwards) are the same. Some of the aftermarket names are NASCAR6, Atom Bombs, Witchdoctors, etc.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Update

I got to do the other pipe on my ride today. I can't believe how awsome this thing sounds now. Totally lovn this bike. Blacked out the wind screen and plate. Exhaust is next. Roar on fellas

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Loud pipe?

I'll sell ya mine...Vance and Hines.....I like more low level DB's for long trip.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nascar 6

I had my exhaust done at Coastal Victory during Myrtle Beach bike week ,I think its the same as the nascar 6. I loved it while I was down there going on short rides but the 5 hour ride home was awefull , the drone from this exhaust makes my ears ring. Im going back down there first chance I get and have them put it back to stock. Id rather have the factory sewing machine sound .

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Baffles

Nascar6 you can buy or make some baffles and install them back into the muffler housings. Might be cheaper and still give you more sound than the stock pipes with better performance.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nascar6 you can buy or make some baffles and install them back into the muffler housings. Might be cheaper and still give you more sound than the stock pipes with better performance.
If they want to try something like that its up to them . I paid over $400.00 for the dealership to do it instead of trying it myself , thinking if a dealership did it they would still honor the warranty. I also dont like the exhaust leaking behind the exhaust tip where they took the end cap out of it. It gets exhaust residue all around the chrome and paint.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Everyones' tolerance is different. Hard to get just the right combo of throaty and bearable for a longer distance ride. The D&D wrapped exhausts kind of fit that bill, but then they are a bit more expensive.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I had my exhaust done at Coastal Victory during Myrtle Beach bike week ,I think its the same as the nascar 6. I loved it while I was down there going on short rides but the 5 hour ride home was awefull , the drone from this exhaust makes my ears ring. Im going back down there first chance I get and have them put it back to stock. Id rather have the factory sewing machine sound .
I have the 2011 Vision stock pipes for sale @ $200 if you are interested.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts