Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a question for the guys who regularly tune the Victory's (KevinX, etc). I'm going to add RPW mufflers, Hi-performance air filter, remove the rubber strip on the air box, and eventually get a PC-5 and have it dyno tuned onto my 2011 XC.

I am wondering if I can install the RPW's now without having the air filter and PC-5 done yet? I have read that the factory fuel injection programming on these Victory's runs very lean and I don't want to get into a situation where the bike is running too lean.

If I just install the RPW's will the bike be fine if I leave everything else completely stock? What if I install the mufflers and pull the rubber strip on the intake while leaving the factory air filter? Will that be too much for the factory fuel map? Do I need to unplug the O2 sensors to get the bike to run richer? Or do I just need to wait and do everything at the same time?

I just really want to get some more sound out of the bike ASAP and if I can get some mild performance gains prior to the PC-5 then that would be great as well. But I don't want to make the bike run too lean either. Thanks.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone has some insight on this? I'm pretty sure I can unplug the O2 sensors and run the RPW exhaust without a problem. But can I pull the rubber strip off of the airbox without having to reprogram the computer?

·
Registered
403 Posts
You should be fine if you're just going to drive down to the shop to get the map, but if you are doing pipes and airbox mods you will need some kind of fuel controller or download.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'm not an expert on these engines, but you should be okay if you aren't wringing it and it's not too hot where you are.

I would unplug the stock narrowband O2's as a precaution.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I wasn't going to put the air filter in the bike until I could get the PC5 or the download done. My main concern was that I wanted to make sure I could run the RPW exhaust with the O2's unplugged and the stock tune for awhile while I'm waiting on the funds to do the PC5 and dynotune. That way I could at least have some extra sound from my exhaust while waiting on the PC5 and dynotune. I just wanted to make sure that the bike wasn't going to run too lean while I was running with just the exhaust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts