Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we took the XC out for a nice ride last weekend and put just over 200 miles on the bike. The bike does not cease to impress me.

The one thing that is bothering me right now is where my GF's chaps rubbed the front of the saddlebag lids. There are no REAL scratches but the did rub the clear coat to the point that it is very dull in spots. What do you guys do to prevent this?

No I'm not leaving her at home....LOL!!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Easy, just don't let her wear anything below the belt line. Problem solved.
Just kidding, I tried that with my wife. I found out real quick why we have such a large dog house.

I am working on finding some chrome lid rails that will protect the saddle bags.
I have found a few but have to wait a few days before I can do the leg work.

At the present time the 3M protective film like BBob said is about it for now.

·
12,983 Posts
Do what Bob said ask a car lot for who can apply the 3m its great stuff

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Tighter chaps?? I have 3K miles on my bike and for the most part my wife has been on back with chaps on. Her chaps never touch the bags but I make her zip all the zippers and snap all the snaps.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Make your gals some chaps out of microfiber cloth. Instead of rubbing, they'll be polishing those lids.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I think the 3M is the way to go. First I am going to talk to my seat guy about making some hard bag covers. He is always up for a challenge.

·
Premium Member
13,053 Posts
I need to redo one area and while looking at the different film's on ebay I noticed
this one is 8 mil thick compared to the 6 mil thick 3M. I'm going to give it a try.

Edit: In looking a little more I noticed some of the 3M product is 6 mil and some is 8 mil so I guess it doesn't matter as long as it's the 8 mil.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts