Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi good people of the victory forums. I am 45 years old and feel the need to be a nomad (for a week or so) and I am not quite sure how to proceed.

Here is what I know....

I will do this in mid June.
I want to tent.
I will be on my 06 V92TC (fresh off a 25k service w/new brakes and rubber)

That is about all I know.

I love the south west, but given I only have about 3 days outbound and 3 days back I don't know if I can make it and cruise at a relaxed pace. I have been to FL and the blue ridge parkway but I have never been down to the south east or LA/GA area.

Anyone know of any areas that are similar to the south west but in the south east or have an other general suggestions for a road trip like this?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
545 Posts
Have you done any of the Great Lakes cruise arounds? It's closer to home and is a great ride... I suggest Lake Huron and Manitoulin Island.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Planning a road trip Maine -> ????

Howard, I have spent a considerable about of time in that area (PA, WI, MI) and also other Midwest states.

Great country, I just want to take some time to discover some more of our country I have not spent a lot of time at.

But, I admit I have never been there on bike to no much sight seeing. I will consider it. I have a camp. Upstate NY off the through way so it is a ride I am familiar with.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Last September, my wife and I did a six-night "Long Island to Newport to Martha's Vineyard to Cape Cod (Province Town) to Plymouth Rock" loop from Binghamton, NY. Stayed off the highway as much as possible, sailed on six different ferries, and spent an extra night in P-Town. Nice.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Key West is a serious consideration. I have always wanted to do the Route 1 trip. I would likely not go north to the start of Route 1, I would start in OOB or something.

I've been wanting to do this exact trip for quiet some time now. I am looking at mid april to make this trip a reality. I'll be coming from New Oleans, so I'm thinking will follow the gulf coast most of the way.

Not sure what bike I will use for the journey just yet.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Last September, my wife and I did a six-night "Long Island to Newport to Martha's Vineyard to Cape Cod (Province Town) to Plymouth Rock" loop from Binghamton, NY. Stayed off the highway as much as possible, sailed on six different ferries, and spent an extra night in P-Town. Nice.
That's cool. Traveling off the beaten path is the best way to go, especially when it comes to I95 in CT and RI; I call it the "**** show" highway.

My better half works for Cross Sound Ferry that operates between Orient, NY and New London, CT.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Key West is a serious consideration. I have always wanted to do the Route 1 trip. I would likely not go north to the start of Route 1, I would start in OOB or something.

Vermont Here. I have been considering a run to Key west all winter. Never been. Plan on going some where this summer. Coastal run up route 1 in Maine could be fun. Sounds like you have already done that one tho. OOB is due east of me. Could be a good start. Three days out long enough to make Key West?

m

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Planning a road trip Maine -> ????

Vermont Here. I have been considering a run to Key west all winter. Never been. Plan on going some where this summer. Coastal run up route 1 in Maine could be fun. Sounds like you have already done that one tho. OOB is due east of me. Could be a good start. Three days out long enough to make Key West?

m
Well... We are in "active planning" - if we do one iron butt day and two moderate days we will get from ME to MD then MD to ?? Then from ?? To Miami.... We plan to sped two days there... Then come home on the third day in FL. Second or third week of June... Or parts of both :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts