Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys ever use this stuff? Looks interesting. No prep work and shoots out of a spray bomb. Ive watched a few vids online, but Im interested in knowing what the final finish of this stuff is and if it would look ok on tins. Input?

·
Registered
12,329 Posts
I just used it and got a rough finish. In this case it was OK cuz I was spraying garden tools and equipment.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Sprayed my wedges and chrome bezel on triple tree

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sprayed my wedges and chrome bezel on triple tree

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Can I see some pics plz?
I have been thinking about doing the same to mine but I was thinking about just buying black ones.
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Look at the Rustoleum spray on truck bed liner too. It leaves a cool textured finish that is easier to clean than Plasti-dip.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I confess: Plasti-Dip User!

8BallChick,
Durable and easy to maintain!

Used Plasti-Dip Black and Glossifier on the following:
Front Chin Fairing RH/LH – PowderCoat/Stripped – Painted/PlastiDip/Glossifier
JTD Hard Lowers – Painted/Plasti-Dip/Glossifier
Headlight Ring – Painted/Plasti-Dip/Glossifier
Inner Fairing/Dash – Panted/PlastiDip/Glossifier

Believe ifyou lok for Roughrider in the "Gallery" section you will see some phot's?

If not PM at [email protected] and I will send you some.

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
Some really good videos on YouTube. I watched the one doing the whole car and was pleasantly surprised and the good results. I can definitely see using this product on certain parts. The cool thing is it can be peeled off if you get tired of it and want another color. I guess the clear plasti-dip would be good protection in certain areas as well. Maybe an alternative to the 3M paint protection film.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
8BallChick,

Believe ifyou lok for Roughrider in the "Gallery" section you will see some phot's?

What is this Glossifier you mentioned?

·
Registered
81 Posts
VHT make a Krinkle finnish in a spray can that looks pretty awesome. I did the enginge on my cafe race that I built..

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
8BallChick,

If I read this right; you used the Plasti-dip as a clear coat protectant coating and then the Glossifier to give it some shine?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Plasti-Dip!

No!
Wash the item with soap and water. Then use a de-greaser. Use a lint free cloth and or tack cloth. Then follow the directions. Spray a light coat, let dry for 15 minuets. Another light coat, let dry 15 minuets. Then begin spraying heavier coats and let dry 30 minuets each. Spray 5 or 6 coats. Your done! It will be flat black. Now if you want a glossy finish. Use a few coats of the Glossifier. No need for clear coat. Do not need to polish/wax, will not leave dry spots, very durable. Will not chip from rocks, etc.... Easy to repair if need be. And if you do not like, peel it off. There are other colors, and top coats.

Please go to the following sites: "dipyourcar.com", Youtube -"PlastiDip" and Performex - "PlastiDip" manufacurers site.

I have probably bored every one, so if you have any further questions/concerns I will be glad to help.

W: [email protected]
H: [email protected]

Good luck and stay safe!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have used Plastidip before. Great results with it. Just dipped my wedges the other day. Will post photos when I get them loaded on my computer.
The great part about the stuff is that you don't have to ruin whatever it is you are using it on. You can also test what your bike would look like in a certain color before you actually paint it, really cheaply.

·
Registered
56 Posts
What about heat?
Anyone know how well it holds up to heat?
Anyone Plasti Dip engine parts?

·
Registered
8 Posts
It does not work well with heat. I have never had problems, but I have heard that you can't use it on anything that gets hot. Probably would melt due to the heat.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I gave it a shot and I have to say that I like what I see. Just finished it.. now to get rid of that ugly exhaust! :) What do you guys think?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Those pictures make it hard to believe it was done with a rattle can. Looks outstanding. Now we need a long term report on durability. Good job.

·
Registered
41 Posts
OK.. you beat me to it.. i was planning of dipping the "Pin" but in a stripe pattern. Now I'm real eager to do it..

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
That is not bad at all 8BC. Did you mask anything off or just sprayed it and pulled off the parts you didn't want. I see you even sprayed the tail light. How is the visibility now?

It really is amazing. I can even see the texture in the pics which usually don't come through so well. Good job!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts