Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dipped some lock & ride brackets last night. The chrome was looking not so good so black for the win. Turned out nice I think. Finally a quick detach windshield for the winter. eBay specials all.

Oh yeah. The tool bag I picked up on the table. It's too big for the forks. I wonder about mounting to the windshield front maybe. ?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I have my tool bag down under the oil cooler , very convenient ,and looks pretty good too .....

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's about the only spot for it I'm afraid. I'll be looking at a cool method to mount it nice and solid. Maybe an exhaust clamp trick I saw in here. Dunno yet.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
My tool bag is very sturdy , I punched two holes on each side , wrapped black electric tape on the frame rails , and used good quality heavy duty zip ties to secure it on, I got about 3-4 lbs of tools and crap in it with no problems . Looks really clean and tidy too . A lot of the guys that mount them to the forks , say after a good fork compression the bag strikes the fender. That's all I needed to hear to mount it where I did. Looks good there too , and keeps a lot of road debris off the starter .

·
Registered
72 Posts
Left swing arm here, adds to the look with the side mount tag IMHO. I would be scared of things getting soaked mounted under the oil cooler. I keep insurance/tag info and glasses in mine.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Going to do this when my other leatherworks bag gets here. Looks like strapped to the down tube frame. Will probably consider hard-mounting on the battery cover with a couple offsets.

http://bit.ly/16O1Mpg

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I probably could easy enough, but the look of the windshield on a High-Ball, which IMO looks like socks on a rooster, wouldn't be much improved by blacking out the actual windshield hardware. And as little as I'm going to run it, I probably won't care. Since the windshield is new the chrome is great.

The brackets were some used ebay specials with some rather tired worn out chrome. I still may peel off the plastidip and try scotch-briting the brackets like I did my pipes and see what I like better.

Infact I'll probably remove the brackets as well in the summer, unless I'm doing some tremendously long trip. Got so used to riding a la naturale. :D It's just nice if I decide to run a windshield to have the quick-attach option should occasion require.

One thing I like about the High-Ball.. It's got some contrast, as opposed to the Hard-Ball which is quite completely murdered black. Still wish I had one though. cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts