Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I like to take my trunk on and Off a few times a week, does any one know if there is a plug cover for each side? I dont want to leave either side open.

·
13,262 Posts
what model bike

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, it's a 13 cross country tour

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
A plug cover to cover what? A XCT comes with a single wire bundle leading from the trunk that ends in a connector that connects to a plug under the left side cover. What holes or plugs are you trying to cover? Sorry for my confusion.

G'day,

Vinish

Reactions: broggyr

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to cover the wire bundle connector when I have the trunk off. one cover on the trunk itself, one for the bike.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Ahh, I see. I've never heard of anyone covering these and am unaware of any male or female plug caps suitably sized. Why do you think it is necessary to cover these plugs? I could see a person having some concern about the plug end on the bike since this is potentially exposed to some water if that water could make its way up under the side cover. However, the plug end on the bag is put away in a garage or shed somewhere out of the elements and does not need covered unless your concern is keeping spiders out of it.

I suppose you could put a small Ziploc bag around each plug and then secure the bag to the wire with a rubber band or a wire twist tie. Sorry I could not be of any real help.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Super Moderator
6,382 Posts
I personally haven't covered my plugs when I removed the trunk. However, you can use a small sandwich bag and a rubber band to keep them clean.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts