Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 2012 xr and found a plug at the back of the engine that is not plug into anything can anyone tell me what it is use for i have looked in the manuel but didnt find it
thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Is it rubber molded with 2 contacts, one extended half an inch further than the other? If so its a power connection for adding a cigarette lighter style adapter or a battery conditioner connection.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
You've got me curious about the plug as well. Just went out to and looked at my 2011 XR and I have the same empty connection as well as two that are connected (a black one and a white one). Curious to see if the XC or XCT folks have the empty connection as well but I suspect it powers something for the XCT's.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Just went out and took a look at my XCT. There is a white plug there too, but it is plugged into something. Not sure since I didn't chase it down. There is also a black plug and another small white plug which are both connected to something as well. Maybe someone who also had a XCT can comment further. :)

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I was at first thinking it had something to do with the optional reverse but I guess not. Has to be something like heated seats, trunk brake lights, etc related to the tour.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
U have a plug under the seat for the heated seat
The plug for the trunk is located on the left side under the side panal

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
You know, having my Vision apart I'm very surprised at all the open plugs. I'd think it would be best to have them with dead plugs. Over the years they can get filled with crap and therefor short things out?? Like this one in question on the XR. It's completely open to the elements.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
It's for the optional tuck setup. See #2

I have the optional trunk setup and the trunk plugs into the connector behind the left side cover only. That powers everything associated to the trunk including spkrs and tail lights.

I'm thinking that the little white plug may be for dealer connection to a lap top to down load into ecu ?????? I thought I saw my dealer connect there when downloading the stg1 flash on my bike. It was a year ago so I may be mistaken. A service manual should be able to label it.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Optional reverse setup.

·
Registered
97 Posts
You know, having my Vision apart I'm very surprised at all the open plugs. I'd think it would be best to have them with dead plugs. Over the years they can get filled with crap and therefor short things out?? Like this one in question on the XR. It's completely open to the elements.
TheMike,
Concur! Wrapped all open plugs when I brought XC home to divert any issues in the future!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts