Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question one: Do these plugs look normal?

And when I pulled my rear wire this was left attached to the plug. Is the wire shot or can I push this back in?

·
Registered
120 Posts
How many miles. Plugs look fine, for these bikes. You could push the connector back into the jacket, but depending on how they are, you might want to change. Could be a good chance to put colored wires on.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
6689 Miles on the bike. About 2k miles since I put on after market exhaust. I did not replace gaskets (dumb i know) and was concerned that the bike was running lean on rear as the rear pops on occasionally. The plug in the right of the pic is rear plug. I was able to push the connector back into the jacket and the bike fired up and idled normal gonna test run around block and make sure its not gonna come loose.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Perfect.. You want that mocha-whitish tan color for a perfect spark.... I just looked at mine today doing a 500 mi service and reset the gap at the narrower end of the margin...

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
8BallMike....send me that wire and I will install new spark plug terminal on it for you for free if you still want to keep your stock wires. Just pay for shipping.
If not, I have Accel 8.8mm wires on stock for less then what stock wires cost.
Let me know if I can help.

·
13,247 Posts
Learned this from Half Crazy to pull your spark plugs
Take some hose like fuel line cut it the long way and put over the cylinder fin.
Now take needle noise pliers and grip spark plug boot firmly. With pushing down moshion on pliers handles it pushes boot up.
Spark plug boot will stick to spark plug so pulling the wire out is common

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Good idea to get in the habit of using dielectric grease on all the spark plug and wire fittings too. Besides slowing down corrosion; it helps to keep them dry if you hit rain or splash water in it when washing the bike.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts