Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I am trying to decide on a good 2 into 1 but I don't trust the YouTube clips. So I am calling upon victory owners in the PNW/Seattle area to show off your bikes with aftermarket 2 into 1's. Mainly I've been looking at bassani and rpw, if other suggestions are out there and I could listen to the pipe in person bring it on. Thank you.

This is going on a 15 Vegas 8-ball.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
426 Posts
So I am trying to decide on a good 2 into 1 but I don't trust the YouTube clips. So I am calling upon victory owners in the PNW/Seattle area to show off your bikes with aftermarket 2 into 1's. Mainly I've been looking at bassani and rpw, if other suggestions are out there and I could listen to the pipe in person bring it on. Thank you.

This is going on a 15 Vegas 8-ball.

I can only tell you that the Bassani 2:1 has a great sound. Performance wise it it high on the scale. I have a couple friends with those and they are fairly subdued at idle with a deep rumble. But when you romp it they bark nicely. If you want loud and obnoxious, these won't do. They have a more sophisticated sound, smooth and steady. The 2:1 are great and the fast throttle sound is pretty dang good. You won't be setting any car alarms with them at idle and low speeds, but you will be heard when you crack it.

I compared my own exhaust with gutted cats on a stock header setup with Rush mufflers. I not only get compliments on the sound all the time from various bike owners, but from the Vic crowd as well. I had 1 guy who said mine sounded better than his Bassani 2:1 and some others agreed. The HD crowd I hang with says the same thing. My bike can be heard, but not obnoxious at all. Old Lady says she can hear the rumble when Im a block away. Romp it...and you can hear it from quite a distance. right @jwfuchs1 ? :)

So are you looking for performance, looks, sound? Depends on how much you want to pay and how much you want to to add to performance.

Bassani 2:1 performance wise are great though. KevinX says he sees the best performance with these over other pipes. Lots run the RPW too with excellent results.

My setup added about 4 HP, the Bassanis from talking to a few shops and owners seems to add around 6 give or take a pony. I got my pipes new for 300 bucks and another 75 for the tips. They fit just like OE.

In fact, my setup is louder at idle and slower speeds, with the added cams has a nice little idle lope. And when I crack it sounds like a performance V8.

Originally I retrofitted some HD Dyna Vance n Hines that sounded incredible, but the shorter pipes took away from my high end. Great on the lower though. The Rush are better mid to high range, but the 2:1 exhaust seem a better match from start to finish.

. The neighbors will like you more! And the engine will like it too.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
You need to listen with headphones or good ear buds... These are not cell phone vids, but shot with a good camera.

Bassani Road Rage 2-1:

RPW Thor 2-1:

RPW Big Slash 2-1:

RPW Slash 2-2:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am mainly looking for performance. I honestly like the way the stock pipes sound (not one for loud) but I also know to get performance I will have to go a bit louder. So my main concern is performance and as long as they are black they will look good.

·
Registered
569 Posts
How the Hell did you get to Seattle from Lovelady? You poor soul!

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Assault pipe is nice but where is she gonna sit?....strictly for solos as it fouls the rear peg location....nice pipe but she will have to ride with me:devil
Agreed I do ride 2up and thought it would affect the placement when looking at it

·
Premium Member
6,233 Posts
Reactions: Motorbikerx

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Ohhhhh I like that pipe... But the rear pegs must be taken off?

Sorry same question as the other members.... Grin

Andre using TaPaTaLk
yes now the Conquest Customs girl can ride with me or she could koala bear up close behind me and wrap her legs around me....picked up a hippy chick who ran out of gasoline on the freeway one arvo, she had been play racing her V8 ute alongside me when it died.
Being a gentleman I rode back to her, she jumped on back of my Vegas despite being barefoot and wearing nothing but a flimsy hippy dress, I think she was high on something....
but I still gave her a ride.....to get a can of fuel.....gentleman see:devil
Well we roar off and next thing shes yahooodling and wrapping her legs tight around my waist!:smile
"what have I got here?" I think to myself!.......
I give the hotrod Vegas some stick in third to slam her against my Victory Touring backrest and she is loving it!.....her legs grip me tighter.....I notice she has toe-rings on a couple of her toes..
And you know what they say about girls with toe-rings!:wink
I drop the bike into 4th gear at 60 mph and drop my left hand onto her leg.....just to reassure her of course...I'm a gentleman remember!:angel.......

She seems to enjoy a reassuring hand on her leg, as she sort of loosens her left leg a little allowing my hand to move up her leg more towards the inner thigh area:laugh......err maybe I better take this to the Members Only section as it gets a bit more....errr....interesting as we ride I lean back into her
pert breasts and shout over the wind "shall I go straight to a petrol station or would you like the scenic route?".....
this hippy chick obviously digs a powerful bike, ya know ya can just tell when they're really getting off on the ride....And she was!, I could feel it thumb up

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Women that easy... well, if they had as many sticking out of them as they've had stuck in them, they'd look like porcupines. Girls like that are the express lane to "the gifts that keep on giving". Better wear 2 condoms.

·
Premium Member
6,233 Posts
You can see the pictures, right? What do you think?
I see a knob... But it is kinda distracting....

But it looks like no more peg on the right side.... We can always ask the ladies to put the 2 legs of only left side.... This is pretty standard in Asia ...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
6,233 Posts
Reactions: Kurbs

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do appreciate all the videos and other suggestions, but that still can't beat an in person demo. So still looking for people around me

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
I do appreciate all the videos and other suggestions, but that still can't beat an in person demo. So still looking for people around me

Good Luck with that request.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Good Luck with that request.
Whaddaya mean? Every one of us waited to buy pipes until we could hear them all in person... :ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr:

I had...
1) Victory Long Drag pipes -- Boat anchor.
2) RPW Slash 2-2 -- Good pipes, cheap ($279 at the time), made power, sounded great, looked great.
3)Bassani 2-1 Road Rage -- Made good power, sounded trashy as a mother, dragged on the ground in turns.
4)RPW Thor 2-1 -- Awesome in power, sound, quality, mounting, love 'em.

Experimented with:
5) Victory Shotguns -- Another boat anchor.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Whaddaya mean? Every one of us waited to buy pipes until we could hear them all in person... :ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr:

I had...
1) Victory Long Drag pipes -- Boat anchor.
2) RPW Slash 2-2 -- Good pipes, cheap ($279 at the time), made power, sounded great, looked great.
3)Bassani 2-1 Road Rage -- Made good power, sounded trashy as a mother, dragged on the ground in turns.
4)RPW Thor 2-1 -- Awesome in power, sound, quality, mounting, love 'em.

Experimented with:
5) Victory Shotguns -- Another boat anchor.
I have definitely seen more positives for rpw thor, I just hope they aren't very loud

1 - 20 of 22 Posts