Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Are 110 layoffs a significant fraction of the total Polaris employees? Perhaps I've answered my own question. A google search of "polaris number of employees" and ignoring the unsourced Wikipedia result of 3000 led me to the Polaris website: About Polaris - Creed - Values - Management Team which indicates 8100 employees. Thus, 110 layoffs is only 1.35% of their employees. Of course a problem for those people laid off but hardly a "Big Layoff".

G'day,

Vinish

Reactions: THIRTEEN

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
To fire 110 workers is peanuts for a swine .... And Polaris doesn't feel 1,10 thing.....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
If Polaris had no qualms about murdering Victory, letting go of 110 employees to Polaris is like taking a piss. It feels good and is a relief.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I wonder how many of those positions lost were due to them planning more manufacturing in Mexico, Poland, and India?

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
I wonder how many of those positions lost were due to them planning more manufacturing in Mexico, Poland, and India?
seems only fitting that Indians be made in India though dont it.
The all new Indian Punjab Currymaster!.....would you like papadams pweese sir?

Reactions: RICZ

·
13,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wonder how much the guy will get for losing his arm and how many more have a lawsuit against them

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I wonder how much the guy will get for losing his arm and how many more have a lawsuit against them
I don't follow this at all. What are you talking about VJ? Did I miss something? Did someone lose an arm? Is this a pun or joke related to a previous post? If so, it went right over my head.

G'day,

Vinish

Reactions: RICZ

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Vinish,
The arm story is part of the link VJ posted:

Last week, Texas resident Frederick Keith became the latest to sue Polaris, claiming product defect issues. Keith alleged his arm was crushed and later amputated after the Polaris RZR four-wheeler he was on rolled over during an April 2016 ride in Utah.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Vinish,

Last week, Texas resident Frederick Keith became the latest to sue Polaris, claiming product defect issues. Keith alleged his arm was crushed and later amputated after the Polaris RZR four-wheeler he was on rolled over during an April 2016 ride in Utah.
Thanks. I guess I missed that part. I appreciate you pointing it out. Sorry VJ for not understanding.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Premium Member
2,366 Posts
Polaris is on there way down. Like the guy said, why would I want to buy a Indian. I don't want 2 0bsolit motorcycles.

Reactions: Kurbs

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Vinish,

Yeah they roll over all the time pushed past thier limit and hitting an obstruction or on a severe incline anything will roll over.
Im sure Keiths not to blame hes an armless sorta fellow.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
They do roll all the time and the stats most likely show that operator error is the primary reason.

Without knowing all the details you can assume his arm was outside the roll cage. If the cage failed at less than the failure point it was designed for the guy may stand a chance of winning. If the cage was stressed beyond the designed limits Polaris will not be faulted.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Jeep suffered a lot of lawsuits for roll overs also back in the CJ days. Same thing exceeding their own limits. If you want something that corners at 40 mph, dont buy something with 3ft of ground clearance. You feel bad for the guy, but thats why in auto racing we have a net over the window opening.

Reactions: Wormjello

·
Registered
426 Posts
To fire 110 workers is peanuts for a swine .... And Polaris doesn't feel 1,10 thing.....

Andre using TaPaTaLk
They are feeling heat no doubt. From the built in stock flame throwers, to the securities and investments lawsuits ongoing.

Recalls, and fires, and lawyers oh my!

I think they will get over the hump. As much as I dislike the Injuns and despise Polaris as a whole they will bounce back.

With what product line is anyones guess. But you can be there are 110 people and their families now who will be buying competitors products when they land jobs again.

1 thing Polaris can do right is cram it up their customers @ss one way or another.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
The realignment included 45 layoffs that began Oct. 18. The other 65 affected positions were either contractors or “open” jobs that will no longer be filled, said Jess Rogers, spokeswoman for the Medina-based manufacturer of ATVs, snowmobiles, motorcycles and electric vehicles.

Let's not blow things too far out of proportion. We're talking 45 jobs in a company that employs many thousands. I have no respect for Polaris Industries senior management. There's no chance I'll consider any of the Polaris Indian models. And yes, I'm still mad that my beautiful CCT was orphaned by PI senior management.

But every Polaris Indian dealer I talk to report that sales are going great. Though many of them seem to have a lot of inventory of bikes and apparel. All of them also seem to have a growing Polaris Indian Clearance rack of apparel as well. This week I was at Gregory Polaris in AR and they said they sold 10 Polaris Indians to every Victory. They also attributed that mainly to name recognition. Thereby once again repeating the mantra that Victory's were simply not known to many in the motorcycle business.

Reactions: ammo_umb

·
13,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wonder how costly it would of been to retool the CC XC to add navigation screen and move the gauges and add flyby throttle. Could they have done just the inner fairing and would they have to do both

·
Registered
626 Posts
As I recall, when they announced the Victory shutdown, did they not say they were going to try and place as many employees as possible in other Polaris positions? If so, perhaps a number of the layoffs were ones for whom they had no positions.

·
Registered
435 Posts

You had an accident. ADD insurance is the cheapest insurance you can buy for death and dismemberment. I have no sympathy for this guy and his fake lawsuit.

·
Registered
321 Posts

You had an accident. ADD insurance is the cheapest insurance you can buy for death and dismemberment. I have no sympathy for this guy and his fake lawsuit.
Same here............. It is so totally ridiculous how everybody wants to sue over everything nowadays. You are the individual that is driving too fast, drinking, texting etc. You want to drive 110 mph lose control, crash into something then want to sue the manufacturer? Really?
You want to sue me because I do not want to bake a cake for you? Really? Go somewhere else idiot! They ought to be sued for every last penny they have.
At some point the douchebag lawyers that take and file all these cases are the ones that should be sued! Maybe some day the judicial system will stop being afraid of not being politically correct, grow a set and just do what is right and start throwing out all these suits before any time gets wasted.
Wishful thinking I know but I sure hate how things are nowadays, it is very very sad.

On the thought of Polaris..... I love them for starting Vic, I appreciated them starting Indian, I hate them for killing Vic. While I do not foresee ever buying an Indian (I think they are fugly from what little I have looked at them) I also do not want to see them fold up and leave only Hardly's again.

Reactions: ammo_umb and RICZ
1 - 20 of 32 Posts