Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking for awhile...

Has anyone used Polaris insurance and how are they in terms of service? I was given something in the mail and I checked it out and they appear cheaper than Progressive even....ideas? jim

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Who's This Polaris Insurance Anyway?

FYI, Polaris Insurance is a Markel Corporation project, and not related in any way shape or form with Polaris - despite the appearance of their website located at: http://insurepolaris.com. You are effectively buying motorcycle insurance from Markel Insurance Company.

It's like Shell or Mobile gas stations starting to sell Polaris gasoline. It's a bit misleading. Other than that, I have not used them, so I cannot provide any kind of rating. Perhaps those who have used Markel Insurance can chime in and let us know of their experience with them.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I switched to Markel because it was almost 1/2 the price of my previous insurer Farm Bureau. I used identical numbers so I was comparing "apples to apples" and went back to my Farm Bureau agent with the numbers. He told me that their higher premiums were no surprise, and I could likely find cheaper rates for the same coverage anywhere.
Other than making my first annual premium and getting my proof of insurance and other documentation in an hour or so, I've had no contact with Markel. Hopefully things stay that way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts