Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

221 - 240 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Cross Country / stock 106 with glasspack mufflers
761 Posts
Does it make me bad that I find my mind wandering to other bike brands occasionally? I was in a BMW dealership over the weekend, drooling over a K1600 and found two voices shouting in my ears. One voice was whispering how sexy, smooth and plush she would be while the other voice was whimpering about my vow of 'till death do us part'. I got out of there quick but not before leaving my contact info for any nice used examples I might test ride in the future. Shhh don't tell. Sometimes the F6B whispers at me too - they're all whores I tell you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Does it make me bad that I find my mind wandering to other bike brands occasionally?
It does not make you bad. But, if you keep your current ride and get another one it might make you a bigamist.

·
Premium Member
5,112 Posts
I'll say it over and over nothing magical about Victory motorcycles they're just metal, plastic and rubber. Wear it out, throw it away and buy a new one. Since I bought the Rocket the Vic just sits there, I'm not a fan a betrayal and that's what happened. I do think the Vic is by far the best V-twin ever made.

·
Registered
12,368 Posts
Sometimes it's best to simply move on and say, It was fun while it lasted. Funny thing is, there is always something better around the corner. Trust me on that.

·
Premium Member
5,112 Posts
Sometimes it's best to simply move on and say, It was fun while it lasted. Funny thing is, there is always something better around the corner. Trust me on that.
Agreed 100%

·
Premium Member
2,604 Posts
That's true put it's not a Indian motorcycle.

·
Registered
889 Posts

Reactions: otab and NAB

·
Premium Member
2,604 Posts
Great saying and hoody(y)(y)(y)

Reactions: CanuckRob

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,950 Posts
Honda killed the VTX line of bikes (and many others) and they are still great bikes. I enjoyed mine. Polaris killed Victory and I'm enjoying my XCT. Such is life in the motorcycle business. Ride it then move to the next.
I've put more miles on the XCT than I ever did the Honda. Several factors in that but I did not buy the bike to sit still.

·
Premium Member
5,112 Posts
Honda killed the VTX line of bikes (and many others) and they are still great bikes. I enjoyed mine. Polaris killed Victory and I'm enjoying my XCT. Such is life in the motorcycle business. Ride it then move to the next.
I've put more miles on the XCT than I ever did the Honda. Several factors in that but I did not buy the bike to sit still.
Did Honda say the VTX line isn't going anywhere, exciting things are going to happen next year just before they killed it? Bet not.

I know full well I piss and moan about Polaris but I'm different than most, when I'm kicked in the balls I NEVER forget the kicker, with so many the betrayal has been forgotten, not by me it hasn't and it won't. Many items are already out of production, Polaris is sh!t and thankfully I've talked quite a few people out of buying Polaris and will continue to do so.

Reactions: NAB

·
Premium Member
13,880 Posts
Did Honda say the VTX line isn't going anywhere, exciting things are going to happen next year just before they killed it? Bet not.

I know full well I piss and moan about Polaris but I'm different than most, when I'm kicked in the balls I NEVER forget the kicker, with so many the betrayal has been forgotten, not by me it hasn't and it won't. Many items are already out of production, Polaris is sh!t and thankfully I've talked quite a few people out of buying Polaris and will continue to do so.
Yeah; I never forget either.

·
Premium Member
9,018 Posts
Trader or Traitor??

Reactions: SuperDog

·
Registered
889 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm some ways it was deja vu all over again for me. I was riding a BSA when they shut down in 1972, I had a couple of Norton's when they went belly up in 1976. Now days parts availability for Norton Commandos is better than it was in 1975, with better engineered parts. You can assemble one from parts if you want, and can afford it. You can still buy most parts for 70s Triumph Tridents and they only made about 40000 of them compared to about 100000 Victories. Keep riding them, keep fixing them, and if it all gets too much, hunt down some Buell or V Rod owners and cry into a beer with them.

Reactions: SuperDog

·
Premium Member
2,604 Posts
I'm some ways it was deja vu all over again for me. I was riding a BSA when they shut down in 1972, I had a couple of Norton's when they went belly up in 1976. Now days parts availability for Norton Commandos is better than it was in 1975, with better engineered parts. You can assemble one from parts if you want, and can afford it. You can still buy most parts for 70s Triumph Tridents and they only made about 40000 of them compared to about 100000 Victories. Keep riding them, keep fixing them, and if it all gets too much, hunt down some Buell or V Rod owners and cry into a beer with them.
You make a good point.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,950 Posts
I have the same concern for parts I had two years ago when I bought my used Vic. None.

10 years from now? Maybe. I might need a belt then so hopefully an aftermarket source is still producing. Lot of parts for Indian might be able to work. Probably different connectors that would need changed. When parts dry up people will find a way to keep the bikes going.

I really see me parting with the bike just because I want something different not because of any issues with parts or mechanical stuff.

221 - 240 of 263 Posts