Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

241 - 260 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,112 Posts
I loved my Vic for 7 years and it found a new home today.
This forum and thevog are 2 of the best forums I've been a part of.
Lots of good people willing to help.

Are you buying something different?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Man I tell you when I delivered my XCT to the new owner, that was a nice final ride. The weather was perfect here in North Dallas Texas and the streets were clear. I wanted to go an extra 50 miles the final ride, but he was waiting at the dealership to adjust the shifter and breaks for his riding style.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
If you got the full $11,500 asking price, I think that is pretty good for a 2013 XCT.

Reactions: NAB and vindex1963

·
Premium Member
2,604 Posts
Very good price for the seller.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Only 18,000 miles, and you only got 11,500??? Wow, did you ever sell cheap. Your favorite song must be Red Hot Chilli Peppers "Give it away now", :D
I wont forget that pooplaris $hit (really, this site is censoring words that ARE in the dictionary, how fukin pathetic, here are some other words that mean EXACTLY the same thing, crap, poop, turd, feces, excrement, defecate ) on everyone who bought a Vic, but I will also never sell mine for peanuts. I can keep it running until the day I die, or someone else will make an offer that would not make me feel like I let pooplaris further rob me and will still be fair price.
I love the bike for the ride, comfort, reliability (so-far) and overall looks. Yes there are little issues here and there, but overall it is still better than anything else offered on the market.
Still to this day have people telling me how beautiful my bike is and how much they love the color. Never got that with any other bike I have owned, and I have owned a many.
In the end as long as you were happy with what you got, it's a moot point what anyone else thinks. Good luck with whatever path you take from here and keep it rubber side down.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,950 Posts
$11500 is a fine selling price for the seller. Usually they sell for less than that outside of a dealer. Doesn't matter if it's 10k miles or 80k miles.

·
Registered
302 Posts
$11500 is a fine selling price for the seller. Usually they sell for less than that outside of a dealer. Doesn't matter if it's 10k miles or 80k miles.
Well actually, if you buy a bike with 80 thousand miles on it, you are MORE likely to need service and repair parts (which are getting harder to come by) sooner than someone who buys a bike with only 15 to 20 thousand miles. So yes, mileage IS important when factoring costs with any vehicle. Price is relative, something is only worth what someone else will give you for it. As long as he (the seller) is happy and the person buying are happy, it dont matter what anyone else thinks.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,950 Posts
Well actually, if you buy a bike with 80 thousand miles on it, you are MORE likely to need service and repair parts (which are getting harder to come by) sooner than someone who buys a bike with only 15 to 20 thousand miles. So yes, mileage IS important when factoring costs with any vehicle. Price is relative, something is only worth what someone else will give you for it. As long as he (the seller) is happy and the person buying are happy, it dont matter what anyone else thinks.
I meant I've seen them sell with high miles and low miles and the sale price doesn't change much.

I do agree high miles can be more trouble but it's also a bike that hasn't been sitting. Bought mine with 17k on it. Not much at all for the age but I'd prefer that to a bike with 1k on it of same age.

Reactions: SuperDog

·
Premium Member
6,331 Posts
Wonderful video, HD vs Indian, but they mentioned Victory, cool video indeed

Sent from my CPH1937 using Tapatalk

Reactions: otab and NAB

·
Premium Member
13,880 Posts
Good informative video. I've seen this guy' video's before and he does a good job. I wonder how long it will be before Victory is an "iconic" brand like Indian was when Polaris revived it. ;)

Went to a charity poker run for a horse sanctuary yesterday. It was this charity's first one so they only pulled in 40 or so bikes. There were 3 Vic's there though. One XR Classic and two Kingpins including mine.

·
Premium Member
6,331 Posts
Good informative video. I've seen this guy' video's before and he does a good job. I wonder how long it will be before Victory is an "iconic" brand like Indian was when Polaris revived it. ;)

Went to a charity poker run for a horse sanctuary yesterday. It was this charity's first one so they only pulled in 40 or so bikes. There were 3 Vic's there though. One XR Classic and two Kingpins including mine.
How do you decide what vic to take ? Coz you have a Cross County and a Kingpin right ?

Many people would have looked at the 3 Vic's right ?

Sent from my CPH1937 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BBob

·
Registered
325 Posts
I wonder how long it will be before Victory is an "iconic" brand like Indian was when Polaris revived it. ;)
Like Indian or Vincent. If the bike is outstanding enough, they don't fade away. (Gotta be a good rock and roll song line in that, hang on, there is). I've only ridden one Vincent, and it was nice for 1948 tech, but I would still rather have the HardBall.
Who knows, the logos are so outstanding that an Italian fashion house could buy the brand so they could put it on upmarket leatherware, like what happened to Indian in the1980s.:)
This cheeky Vincent tribute bike turned up at last year's Obi Obi bike show.

·
Premium Member
2,604 Posts
Like Indian or Vincent. If the bike is outstanding enough, they don't fade away. (Gotta be a good rock and roll song line in that, hang on, there is). I've only ridden one Vincent, and it was nice for 1948 tech, but I would still rather have the HardBall.
Who knows, the logos are so outstanding that an Italian fashion house could buy the brand so they could put it on upmarket leatherware, like what happened to Indian in the1980s.:)
This cheeky Vincent tribute bike turned up at last year's Obi Obi bike show. View attachment 252395
I had a friend that was killed in a motorcycle wreak a few years back. He had 4 or 5 Vincent's and road them regular. He belonged to the Vincent club and a antique motorcycle club. He had several different brand of British motorcycles. He was 73 when he got killed in Colorado. His son and daughter sold all but 2 of his bikes which was many. I really miss going to his shop and seeing American, British and Italian motorcycle history from the 1930's to now. He had a couple of BMW's also.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
I love FortNine's videos. Stellar production quality, great attention to detail, and he explains things in terms that are accessible and easy to understand. I've been a subscriber of his channel on youtube for years :)

·
Premium Member
13,880 Posts
How do you decide what vic to take ? Coz you have a Cross County and a Kingpin right ?

Many people would have looked at the 3 Vic's right ?
Victory's are actually popular in this area since we had two dealerships in the area while Vic was still alive.

As far as which one I choose to take out for the day has a lot to do with how far I plan on going. While I have the KP set up to go fairly long distance; I have the XC to take on longer rides. Basically if I plan on staying in the county and not riding on the freeway too much I take the KP; otherwise I take the XC. The XC is a better open road machine even though the KP will handle it. Putting a better seat on the KP was key in making it a good open road bike to be on for more than 30 minutes at a time.

Life is good. I go off road wheelin' one day, motorcycle ridin' the next, and a nice relaxing day with my fur kids the next. :) It's a good thing I'm not into boating because my current two motorsports already keep me near broke. 😬

·
Premium Member
13,880 Posts
This cheeky Vincent tribute bike turned up at last year's Obi Obi bike show.
Did you see the new Honda 350 to answer the Royal Enfield in the same class? For India only at this time.

·
Premium Member
2,604 Posts
Nice little scooter.

241 - 260 of 263 Posts