Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 219 Posts

·
13,003 Posts
Say were pretty lucky.
Think of us that were screwed with the Excelsior henderson.

Indian will go by the wayside now that polaris has screwed everyone with the victory. In 5 years the electric bikes will take over and Indian will be put on the shelf

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have 15 years in!
I rode my XC to work this morning and all I could think about is "how could this happen?"... such a superior machine with a great following and extremely satisfied customer base??? For what? to keep the indian brand alive? that brand has died and come back many times in many hands and all end up being sold around...the folks buying indian are not company loyal and will trade those into HD's in a few years anyway.... Victory was a home-grown motorcycle that challenged the status quo.... made a name and created a an aftermarket industry for those bikes.....

Very agitated at the situation... Oh, I checked my PII stock and it's down 36% since I've bought it two years ago... only stock that I held on to for this long due to loyalty....

For xmass, I drove from dallas to northwest ohio and saw 4 Polaris dealerships.. a new one in Indianapolis on i-45 or something that was still hanging up the Victory sign.. one in MO also.... shame what this announcement will do....

This isn't like the Scion-Toyota announcement or the VW diesel announcement.. this is an entire following that's been brand loyal for years and spoke highly of their victory motorcycles... to drop the brand all together just because the Indian name had a higher profit margin? Of course Indian will have a larger percentage of growth on the books.. when you start low, the percentages look better... my 7 year old knows this!!!!

Dealers, riders, supporters and aftermarket shops have all been betrayed by this move. Polaris lost a lot of loyalty....

·
Premium Member
6,075 Posts

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
I can only echo the sentiments that I've heard already. I'm extremely disappointed and saddened by the news. I at one time believed that i would trade my Vic in for a Roadmaster but I'm not sure that Polaris's commitment to motorcycles is. >SMH<

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Why wouldn't Polaris sell the Victory Brand to another company , rather then shut it down ?

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
It would be more competition for them.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
screw polaris and the indian they rode in on

I have been loyal to this brand from 2004 to now. I have skin in the game. I do own other motorcycles, would have bought the octane instead of the scout, if I had known. I should have figured it out when the octane hit the streets. I had a previous dealer tell me this would happen when indian was bought. I feel raped. I will never buy another Polaris product again. yes, all of my Polaris bikes are for sale. screw Polaris.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I have been loyal to this brand from 2004 to now. I have skin in the game. I do own other motorcycles, would have bought the octane instead of the scout, if I had known. I should have figured it out when the octane hit the streets. I had a previous dealer tell me this would happen when indian was bought. I feel raped. I will never buy another Polaris product again. yes, all of my Polaris bikes are for sale. screw Polaris.
Yep , Indian SCALPED Victory .... And Polaris customers got Castrated . :mad:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Rode home from work, a guy with an Electra glide pulls up next to me. Gives me that "sorry-bro-you-got-f'd"....looks at the bike, grins and says:"ride safe"...light turned green, he pulled ahead. I tucked my tail inwards and rode into the susnet back home....slowly like a biker whose OEM just gave up on him and pulled the plug on his brand because it was NOT worth it anymore........

True story..... I am PISSED!

·
Registered
30 Posts
redheaded stepchild

this has been planned. Look at the crosscountry, electronics unchanged since 2010. After 2 years they upgraded the stereo on the chieftan and the roadmaster. I just feel stupid for trusting the parent company. If they had stuck indian with the electric moped, the results might have been different. If the octane had been introduced first as it was intended it would have helped. They also kept coming out with models that did not sell. (wasting money) They should have upgraded the best motorcycle ever built (cross country) not that it really needed anything. Maybe this would have ended different.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Anybody else finding themselves looking at Harley bikes this morning?

The street glide or road king look somewhat better this morning.... that milwaukee 8 engine seems to be a hit.....

Say what you want about Harley's... they wouldn't walk away from their loyal customers and would rather go bankrupt than alienate their demographics........Might have to swing by for a test drive soon.....

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Anybody else finding themselves looking at Harley bikes this morning?

The street glide or road king look somewhat better this morning.... that milwaukee 8 engine seems to be a hit.....

Say what you want about Harley's... they wouldn't walk away from their loyal customers and would rather go bankrupt than alienate their demographics........Might have to swing by for a test drive soon.....
I'm with ya Brother , I might buy 2 Harleys ...

·
Registered
701 Posts
I might go in two different directions. Either a HD Road Glide Ultra. Or........ a BMW K1600 GTL. Polar opposites. HD because its a classic and that's why I bought a V-Twin in the first place. the BMW because it has more technology than all the other motorcycles combined AND a 160 HP motor!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I like the looks of the Street Glide .

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
My brother in law just got one and I like it. But I'm an Ultra Classic guy myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

21 - 40 of 219 Posts