Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts

·
Registered
12,241 Posts
What do you guys think?
If you are tall, have a long inseam and are strong, go for it. Beemers tend to be tall and top heavy. Repairs are very pricey. Lots of electronics that require special equipment to analyze. Too many Achilles Heels for me.

·
Premium Member
13,289 Posts
Another perspective and a great friend to Vic owners.
https://www.facebook.com/jon.petrich.5/videos/10207792653085303/
Thanks; I was wondering what Jon was thinking about all this. Good to hear he's staying the course but also was already expanding to include Indian. Everyone should take the time to listen to what he has to say even though he's a bit long winded.

Sadly, unless Polaris can be convinced to keep a few models going, Victory will never reopen because as Broggy said; it would be competition for Indian so that's that. Sigh. I did sign the petition though just in case...

·
Premium Member
6,139 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you are tall, have a long inseam and are strong, go for it. Beemers tend to be tall and top heavy. Repairs are very pricey. Lots of electronics that require special equipment to analyze. Too many Achilles Heels for me.
I'm tall, have a long inseam (with 58-year-old knees that don't bend) and there is not one BMW model that I'm comfortable riding. The pegs force my feet too far back.

Besides, to my designer's eye, they are all hideously ugly - except for the R-Nine-T, which for my long frame, is like riding a moped...

So, not an option. Money is not an issue...

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
From Inside the Polaris Board Meeting

As nothing is truly secure anymore we have obtained leaked information from inside the Polaris Industries Board of Directors meeting where the decision to activate the industrial suicide option was made.

"...What are we going to tell the loyal customers who have so valiantly defended our honor and our superior engineering and our sense of style?"

We Must Endeavor to Persevere - Bing video

"What about all of our employees who have worked so hard to make the best motorcycles on the market?
"We'll treat them decently"

josey wales decently - Bing video

"What about all of the salespeople devotedly promoting our products?

" We intend to split the sales force into two different groups. One will sell a new product we have developed. It works wonders on just about everything"

josey wales snake oil - Bing video

" The other group we understand they have to do something for a living. We will provide retraining for them to become bounty hunters."

Josey Wales Dying isnt - Bing video

"What about our dealers who's going to burying them?

josey wales buzzards gotta eat - Bing video

Apparently Clint Eastwood saw this coming back in 1976.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Very Creative , I can see you are Butt hurt just like me ...... Sad times here in the Motorcycle World .

·
Super Moderator
4,986 Posts
Two words.

Moto Guzzi

·
Super Moderator
4,986 Posts

·
13,033 Posts
As nothing is truly secure anymore we have obtained leaked information from inside the Polaris Industries Board of Directors meeting where the decision to activate the industrial suicide option was made.

"...What are we going to tell the loyal customers who have so valiantly defended our honor and our superior engineering and our sense of style?"

We Must Endeavor to Persevere - Bing video

"What about all of our employees who have worked so hard to make the best motorcycles on the market?
"We'll treat them decently"

josey wales decently - Bing video

"What about all of the salespeople devotedly promoting our products?

" We intend to split the sales force into two different groups. One will sell a new product we have developed. It works wonders on just about everything"

josey wales snake oil - Bing video

" The other group we understand they have to do something for a living. We will provide retraining for them to become bounty hunters."

Josey Wales Dying isnt - Bing video

"What about our dealers whose going to burying them?

josey wales buzzards gotta eat - Bing video

Apparently Clint Eastwood saw this coming back in 1976.
who are you and were did you come up with this

·
Registered
4 Posts
who are you and were did you come up with this

Been a lurker for awhile. Love and own a 08 Vegas. I've been bothered by this news since my wife found it last night. You don't expect such an excellent product to not find a profitable place in the market.

The only advantage I see in H-D is heritage and apparently that is more important than performance, reliability, style and low maintenance cost. Heritage is one thing Indian brings and in my mind I project the same qualities of craftsmanship to that product. I would ride an Indian. Like the Dark Horse, but I love the Vegas/Hammer lines. That is what I'll miss. But my Vegas will last, I am confident, until I can't ride anymore. So I intend to ride the Hell out it.

To answer the second question. The Endeavor to Persevere quote has always stuck with me and the video grab was easy enough to find and the others popped up so I thought I'd have a little play on words fun.

·
Registered
146 Posts
A girl at work (no clue about bikes other than she knows my bike is a Victory due to the plethora of Victory junk in my office) ... she walked in and said: "Hey, did you know Victory is no longer doing motorcycles?.. I heard it on Fox News this morning..." ..... I about boiled over and quickly snapped at her trying to explain the "financial reasons" and she just said... "Sure, sure... my dad had a datsun once too before they stopped making them"...... I had no response.....

Still agitated.... went to dealer yesterday, sat on the BMW 1600 GT, great bike, way too much gizmos and didn't like my knees restricted in one spot... dealer said the 1600-Bagger is coming later this summer with floor boards....

Can't see myself in a Harley....... Indian is a flat no-way due to polaris owning them....then it hit me... how many agitated Victory owners will not even look at an Indian bike due to the way polaris handled Victory? Almost disgruntled at this point...

Also, it's only a matter of time before insurance rates start to sky rocket on our bikes... insurance companies account for "risk" of defunct brands due to higher cost of obtaining such parts... yes, I know polaris said parts will be made, but what about other cosmetic items... fenders, lights, saddlebags.... cost of insuring our bikes will get exponentially higher as the years go by.....

Still not over it!!!!!!!!

41 - 60 of 219 Posts