Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the current state of the economy, the last thing you expect to hear is positive news. Yet, Polaris is thriving. In the last year alone, Polaris increased its earning on all merchandise sold. From apparel to off-road vehicles, to Victory motorcycles.

In 2011, Victory motorcycles generated a 79% increase in sales from 2010. Polaris sold Victory and Indian motorcycles totaling $146.3 million in 2011, compared to $81.6 million in 2010.

Let's face it, we're not all geniuses. But when you think we've bought in the one brand that continues to grow while all others are struggling to survive, we deserve a pat on our back. Good financial investment, fellow Victory owners! thumb up

Source: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=108235&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1652257.

·
Registered
124 Posts
man crossroads some info there!!!! sure hope your right i only hope my xct holds it value the way those harleys do, looked around for resale on vic,s before i got mine and not many out there for sale to compare how well it holds it value, was thinking maybe once you get a vic why sell it its the best ride out there thumb up

·
Registered
111 Posts
This is good news, though it doesn't suprise me. Polaris seem to be a step ahead of the rest in quality, style, and innovation. thumb up

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
I hate to break the news to you CR, but an investment is something you put money into that increases in value and an expenditure is something you put money into that decreases in value. Schlep hopes that Vics hold their value like Harleys do. I hope they do a lot better than that. Harleys aren't holding value like they used to - too many out there for sale, perhaps.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I hate to break the news to you CR, but an investment is something you put money into that increases in value and an expenditure is something you put money into that decreases in value. Schlep hopes that Vics hold their value like Harleys do. I hope they do a lot better than that. Harleys aren't holding value like they used to - too many out there for sale, perhaps.
Which is why I purchased shares of Polaris a few weeks ago (before the announcement). I'm up 8.67%. Not bad. Polaris is doing some cool things including purchasing electric vehicle manufacturers and investing, heavily, in Brammo, an electric bike company that's coming out with a new electric sport bike (100 mile range, 125 MPH top speed). Given what they've done and where they're heading, I like the stock.

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Jagular,
I too, like the way Polaris is thinking about our vehicular future. Over 8% return in a few weeks might pencil out to well over 20% annualized. That's exceptional these days. Do you know if Polaris sells its stock directly, or must I go through a broker.
RICZ

·
Registered
566 Posts
Jagular,
I too, like the way Polaris is thinking about our vehicular future. Over 8% return in a few weeks might pencil out to well over 20% annualized. That's exceptional these days. Do you know if Polaris sells its stock directly, or must I go through a broker.
RICZ
I use Sharebuilder and buy stocks incrementally, drip style, monthly; so, you'll need to use some sort of broker (i.e., I don't believe they sell directly).

·
Registered
396 Posts
guess i need to invest in some polaris stock,

all my stocks are in the can.thumb up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts