Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
still a GREAT stock but you may be a few weeks late. Earnings were announced April 19th when it went from $68.75/share to just over $80/share. Now THAT would have been a good stock to have been in at that time.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
still a GREAT stock but you may be a few weeks late. Earnings were announced April 19th when it went from $68.75/share to just over $80/share. Now THAT would have been a good stock to have been in at that time.
It was down as low as $45 several months back.

·
Registered
12,151 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Lifes a gamble $100000 Gm stock gone when they filed bankruptcy, I was sick for a year. I have recovered and do not invest with any manufactures of any motorized vehicles...

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Lifes a gamble $100000 Gm stock gone when they filed bankruptcy, I was sick for a year. I have recovered and do not invest with any manufactures of any motorized vehicles...
This is true. I read an interesting article once in a science magazine about sheer randomness of the stock market. They made the point that people by their very nature want to see patterns in everything. This makes a nice living for people who just make up patterns they say that stocks will follow. People pay to hear how their stock will trade based on the past trend of its sale price. Complete snake oil IMO.

$100000 Gm stock gone when they filed bankruptcy, I was sick for a year. I have recovered and do not invest with any manufactures of any motorized vehicles...
The problem isn't with motorized vehicles or GM, the problem was not letting go sooner. The fact that GM had a huge pension liability was not a secret. The fact that they were losing market share because of so many new low cost competitors was well known too. That doesn't mean that GM still couldn't have had a new model that went gangbusters and drove the stock up, but a stop loss order would have prevented you from losing such a large sum on any one investment with such glaring red flags.

Not putting all your eggs in one basket is another old wives-tale worth considering...

But anyway, if you believe that life's a gamble, then what makes you think any other type of business is any less prone to failure?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have had these stocks for about 3 years. I didn't mean for me to buy now, I meant for you guys to buy now so mine would go up. :ltr::ltr: Think long term.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Could be when the Indian line comes out this year, it will go higher. Go high enough and then maybe a split. Who knows.

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
, but a stop loss order would have prevented you from losing such a large sum on any one investment with such glaring red flags.

Not putting all your eggs in one basket is another old wives-tale worth considering...

But anyway, if you believe that life's a gamble, then what makes you think any other type of business is any less prone to failure?[/QUOTE]

I was diversified in other areas, No stop loss order with Fidelity or your invested pension. They froze it and when the bankruptcy was done $1.65 a share after I payed $44 $32 $24 dollars over the years. Investing in your own company is the right thing to do until you find out how they screwed every body on the bail out. The banks , Mortgage lenders, and Stockbrokers got the money and all the little pee-ons got nothing. So no more Companies with vehicles just to big of a risk, the stock can close and drop in half over night and there is nothing you can do about it.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Investing in your own company is the right thing to do
Investing in your own company is the absolute worst thing you can do. If your company goes down, not only can you lose your job, but your nest egg too!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
It was down a buck sixteen today to $81.48. But it did split before and now that there is also a dividend, I can see this as being attractive for some. I personally focus on stocks with share strike points under $20/share so that I can afford more of them. I have a hard time making any decent profits on stock unless I can afford to own a minimum of 500 shares and I prefer owning 1K chunks so that each point up is a grand profit. In this case, that would be $81,480 in Polaris alone and sorry but I just don't have than kinda jack to float even on a good stock. I may go buy 100 shares and have them issued on a stock certificate so that I can hang it on my wall and then will it to my kids after it had split 10 times (or so).

·
Registered
634 Posts
Did you notice how PII has been down the past week. So, in effect, it's on sale now. Might be a good time to pick some up.

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
Did you notice how PII has been down the past week. So, in effect, it's on sale now. Might be a good time to pick some up.
You advise buying a stock while it's on its way down? I hope you didn't fall for throwing money at Facebook. :D

·
Registered
634 Posts
Hell, I don't even know what Facebook is!! Just reporting some facts. The entire market is down. Better to get it lower than $84.00. It will go back up. And....it's a well known fact that no one should take my advice on anything, whatsoever. But, I've had PII for a while now, and it's been good for me.

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
I am keeping an eye on PII and awaiting a turn around. Mfr stocks can be volatile.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts