Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with my dealer who broke the news to me. Holly COW!! I just knew when Polaris took on the Indian Line, there was a hidden agenda. The good news is the dealers will still be able to get parts/service our bikes for the next 10 years, which will be plenty long enough for me. I just sorry that others past that 10 years will not have the opportunity like I have had to drive a Victory Motorcycle.

·
Registered
350 Posts
10 years?

Ten years from date Victory brand officially retired, or ten years from model year of production?

2017 + 10?

Model Year of bike + 10?

Serious question.

·
13,262 Posts
there only going to have motor parts. Once the body work in gone it gone.
They have vendors who supply brake pads maybe o=ring kits for them. Handlebars and cables. From what I read there already having problems supplying fuel pump filters. When the speed-0's are gone that will be it.
Don't start dancing yet

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
there only going to have motor parts. Once the body work in gone it gone.
They have vendors who supply brake pads maybe o=ring kits for them. Handlebars and cables. From what I read there already having problems supplying fuel pump filters. When the speed-0's are gone that will be it.
Don't start dancing yet
Who needs a speedo? Never had one on my Honda 750/4
Can't say I ever bought any parts for it off Honda dealer either....aftermarket
My Gpz900r.... Never visited a Kawasaki dealer for anything for it either.....aftermarket
Same for my 71 Ford....dealers don't stock parts for it
Nor my '74 or '65 Chrysler Valiant......aftermarket
My 1980 Benz daily driver...all aftermarket save for the genuine MB coolant, and it's so good I use it in the Kwaka too.
My Victory is the newest thing I own and it has a lot of aftermarket goodies on it already...
The aftermarket, Lloydz. Kevinx,,Vic shop etc will continue to keep us Victory Motorcycle enthusiasts on the road for many many years to come.
The hard core will remain faithful, the rest will go elsewhere.
I'm certainly not overjoyed at what's gone down but I will ride on into the sunset on my 2010 Vegas.
And I'll be damn proud to be riding it.

Oh and the paint thing....that's all Kawasaki changed on the GPZ900R series 84-96 save going to a 17" front wheel near the end.
Updated paint schemes.
A great design doesn't necessarily need change for the sake of change.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
It's looking like Witchdoctors is going to be our go-to place for parts and accessories. Jon sez he's in there for the long run and is already adding those things we will be needing, such as fuel filters and pumps. Thanks Jon. We intend to help make you stronger. You'll need to buy 500 pounds of Tootsie Rolls at a time! :)

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Good to hear Jon is going to be sticking around plus I am sure he can get into the Indian side of things. Jon is a stand up guy and I have given him my business in the past and will in the future. Hopefully he can come up with a cross reference list for parts whether he carries them or not.

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
Yeah, good positive statements from Jon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts