Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Indian will die just like Victory. Want American, buy Harley. They just keep going on. Like the energizer bunny. Polaris don't have the commitment to their costumers.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Indian will die just like Victory. Want American, buy Harley. They just keep going on. Like the energizer bunny. Polaris don't have the commitment to their costumers.
I don't really care cos I've got my Vegas...I do appreciate your rant though.
So which Harley you buying?...this is Harley thread I take it?

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at Kawasaki's. To be honest..........

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Looking at Kawasaki's. To be honest..........
My '85 GPZ900R is up for grabs, you can have it for $2500, supposed to be a bloke picking it up today but he just rang and put it off till next weekend.
Kawasakis are good bikes.
Local Harley shop wants me to ride one of their new tourers with the 8 valve that Victory forced them into, we I entered a comp to represent the Motor Co in an across Europe Cannonball Run type event....WHY NOT? I say!

Anyway downside is I gotta take one of their overweight pigs for a ride, or is that hogs?
Salesman suggested the Ultra after I told him how the missus was ready to run from the back of the last Streetglide we tested last year, after 50 miles, they gave me one for 24 hours...any limit on distance I asked?...nope..ok
750 kms later with a few stops to shut the missus up....well it did have a radio but I'm not into radios on bikes, cant say Ive ever listened to anything in my Ford either other than dual three inch Flowmasters after the headers.
Riders seat was fine, probably better than my Vegas, low power excellent-- but it ran out:frown
Brakes much better than my Vegas, looked really tough in flat black I looked like a badass motherfucker out to raise long distance hell.
Sadly though in 750 kilometers of backroads and country highways I never once felt like part of the bike!:eek
On my Vegas I'm connected , I'm part of and at one with the machine.
On my dinosaur superbike Gpz900r I'm likewise connected as one and flowing with it.
On the Harley I was just along for the ride.
That's as honest as I can be.
I just looked at the Ultra on line its an overweight overequipped lounge chair on wheels, no way I'm riding that thing though the missus would love the back seat..
Only thing in their catalog remotely excites me well the Road King Special looks ok, has the new engine, and if they can find a decent seat to put on it I'll take it for a lap.
I'd put money on the connection not being there though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts