Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My 2012 cross roads classic le seems to have begun to leak a bit of oil. Dropped it off at the dealer almost a week ago. Dealer says they are waiting for the extended warranty people to get back to them to approve the repair. My question is has anyone had to deal with this extended warranty company? I've heard rumours it is a big scam with so many stipulations nothing ever gets approved. My bike is only a month and a half out of warranty with 10000km and I'd be really upset if they tried to make me foot the bill for this. Any tips on how to deal with this? Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My guess is it's on you........ you're out of the warrenty limits. How can you expect someone else to pay for this???
I wonder if anybody even reads the warrenty before signing them!?
I personally don't buy any warranty other than the one that comes with the product cause all of them are a waste of your time and money and will just piss you off when trying to use it.
Victory may cover it if it's a known issue and has been a problem before,,,cross your fingers but don't hold your breath.
BTW where is it leaking oil.....pictures are worth a thousand words.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Ditech, I've got the same warranty which covers only the powertrain. You should be fine and if they don't approve it then break out your paperwork. You should have got it in the mail after you bought your bike and it shows all the stipulations.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I just had my speedometer replaced under my extended warrantee. Rolled the bike in, verified the issue, dealer submitted it and replacement arrived four days later. Paid my $50 and rolled away. While I have placed very little faith in any warrantee attached to Polaris, I fully credit Randy's Cycle for taking care of me. There is a reason to trade with your local dealer.

Ride safe.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Often wondered how good it really is .. I got it for a good discount when purchased the Bike .. Guess time will tell and will be fine with me if never need it ..

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I just had my speedometer replaced under my extended warrantee. Rolled the bike in, verified the issue, dealer submitted it and replacement arrived four days later. Paid my $50 and rolled away. While I have placed very little faith in any warrantee attached to Polaris, I fully credit Randy's Cycle for taking care of me. There is a reason to trade with your local dealer.

Ride safe.
When I bought mine, I learned that there are two different extended warranties. Their marketing warranty is a pretty bare bones policy that they use to bait people into believing they are getting a great thing thrown in free with their new machine. At paper signing time they alerted me that the marketing warranty didn't cover much, but for an extra $600 or so I could purchase a real extended warranty. I'm guessing you sprung for the real deal, no?

·
Registered
265 Posts
When I bought mine, I learned that there are two different extended warranties. Their marketing warranty is a pretty bare bones policy that they use to bait people into believing they are getting a great thing thrown in free with their new machine. At paper signing time they alerted me that the marketing warranty didn't cover much, but for an extra $600 or so I could purchase a real extended warranty. I'm guessing you sprung for the real deal, no?
I did not pay extra for mine. The only reason I have it was I bought my bike in Dec '11 when they offered a nice deal and a one year extended on each new bike. I am unaware of a two tiered warrantee offering.

I guess the dealership could have just included the better one in the deal, just because. I cannot verify that.

Ride safe.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Question. When Victory offers their extended warranty and $2000 off a year end clearance bike is that warranty the useless one? It is supposed to cover the powertrain only. They offer this every year since I was interested in Victory's back in 2010.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Question. When Victory offers their extended warranty and $2000 off a year end clearance bike is that warranty the useless one? It is supposed to cover the powertrain only. They offer this every year since I was interested in Victory's back in 2010.
My 5 year warranty is EXACTLY the same as my 2 year warranty and covers Electrical, Engine, Transmission, Steering, Drive Axle Assembly, Cooling Systems, Primary Drive, Fuel System, Brakes, Chassis, Gauges, Front and Rear Suspension. It cost me a grand total of $350.00 when I bought it with my bike. I have heard that others paid $500.00 for the same coverage with the same $50 deductible. I have also heard that dealers "throw in" this same coverage with some bikes as an incentive. I am not aware of a drive train "only" warranty but apparently others have them.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Just found my Polaristar Limited warranty. Yes it states coverage for engine assembly, transmission assembly and primary drive assembly only. It was part of the Victory year end clearance deal that they seem to do every year. It expires 09/2016. Normal wear items like the clutch plates and springs are excluded. Oil leaks are covered so long as you didn't run over something and damage a case.

·
Registered
774 Posts
All warrantys are BS. Even if you get the work approved are you going to let that 18 year old wrench, sorry ( Tech) AhHa do the work?
Real bikers fix their they're own rides.thumb up and know its done right.thumb up

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you sound like a "real harley biker" A "real victory biker" rides his or her bike and does not need to spemd time fixing it.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
you sound like a "real harley biker" A "real victory biker" rides his or her bike and does not need to spemd time fixing it.
Not true for all Vics, mine has been in the shop twice this past year for warranty work. The best was the shock going bad and throwing hydrolic fluid all over my back tire!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Not true for all Vics, mine has been in the shop twice this past year for warranty work. The best was the shock going bad and throwing hydrolic fluid all over my back tire!
That needs to be reported to the NTSB. Big safety issue, and only way to get Ma Vic. to improve parts. :(

·
Registered
774 Posts
Great link VJ. Trying to wrap my head around this part.
10.If I make modifications to my product, will my POLARISTAR Protection Plus contract still cover my product?

Any modifications or (alterations) made to the unit that (go beyond) any factory installed PURE Polaris Parts or any part that would (contribute) to the mechanical or electrical failure of covered parts per your contract are not covered under the extended service contract.

Go beyond???? Wonder what a good lawyer could do with that statement.
I do like the CONTRIBUTE part. And the alterations??? Yea I painted it and that's why the shock blew out.cheers:ltr:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts