Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have the Polk db521 speakers, did you have to use a different connector for the wiring? I thought this was pretty much a plug and play upgrade but I can't seem to get the plug to stay plugged.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Go to an electronics store, buy the correct connectors to mate with the speakers and sets to mate with Vic speakers and some speaker wire in a matching gauge to what's in the bike. Make four "jumpers" one of each set, to go between the old connectors and the DB521's connectors. This is what I did to install mine.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go to an electronics store, buy the correct connectors to mate with the speakers and sets to mate with Vic speakers and some speaker wire in a matching gauge to what's in the bike. Make four "jumpers" one of each set, to go between the old connectors and the DB521's connectors. This is what I did to install mine.
Thanks Pain, late last night it was bothering me so I searched and I saw a YouTube video from an Indian owner that did the same thing. Now I need to find an electronics store in my area since all the Radio Shacks closed up.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Thanks Pain, late last night it was bothering me so I searched and I saw a YouTube video from an Indian owner that did the same thing. Now I need to find an electronics store in my area since all the Radio Shacks closed up.
Most Auto Parts stores will have what you need. I think. That's where I'd start.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most Auto Parts stores will have what you need. I think. That's where I'd start.
Checked them all, nobody has those sizes. Guess I'm going to solder some wire to the speakers and make my own connectors. I made the mistake of taking my fairing off BEFORE I had everything to complete the job. It's been 3 days now since I've rode and I'm starting have withdrawals. Just gotta get out.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
You should be able to find an assortment of male and female spade terminals at any hardware or big box store.

·
Registered
131 Posts
There is always the method I used. Crimp the current connectors with pliers until they hold. So far so good after 4,000 miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts