Votes: 5 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for a baseline of the type of rider that buys Victory. I have made some ASSumptions about the demographics of Vic owners and am questioning my conclusions.

I will say that this brand is a melting pot which aligns with my... uhhh... evolved way of looking at things after having previously been a purist prick for so many years.

Pop reads posts that indicate others have a different perspective on "Who is a Vic owner?" so fess up .

Which lily pad in this pond did you come from?

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Mostly HD with a couple mixes of Jap and Brit thrown in ... 18 previous bikes owned in 43 years .. All HD with the exception of 1 Yamaha, 1 Triumph and 1 Honda ...

·
Registered
336 Posts
That was a tough one. I've owned Harleys made in every decade since the '50s, but I've also owned 4 Yamahas, 1 Triumph, 2Kawasakis, 1 Allstate, 3 Suzukis, 1 Buell and a Harley / Aermacchi that I swear I will get to any day now.

I think if the world was ending tomorrow and I had to grab a bike to get me to the safe zone that is in every world is ending tomorrow movie, it would be a Speed Triple. That bike has been my favorite do everything motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Looking for a baseline of the type of rider that buys Victory. I have made some ASSumptions about the demographics of Vic owners and am questioning my conclusions.

I will say that this brand is a melting pot which aligns with my... uhhh... evolved way of looking at things after having previously been a purist prick for so many years.

Pop reads posts that indicate others have a different perspective on "Who is a Vic owner?" so fess up .

Which lily pad in this pond did you come from?
Just a little overlap in your categories. Checked "whatever" since I've owned bikes from more than 2 continents.

·
Registered
212 Posts
3 Yamaha (all dirt), 2 Suzuki (1 dirt), 5 Honda (2 dirt), 1 Harley, 1 Big Dog, and now 1 Victory.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My first bike was a Kaw, if it weren't for the Kingpin being the best cruiser ever made I'd own a Yamaha... but overall country of origin has only a little sway in my pocket book voting when we're talking about quality (pronounced "expensive") motorcycles. I'll buy the best bike that fits my needs and fits the budget.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts

·
Registered
12,241 Posts
OK, gotta jump in here cuz my first bike was a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Top that for weirdness. There was an Allstate (Vespa) motor scooter in there about 10 years later. That was my errand bike.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Seven Hondas from 1977 to 2006. The 1979 Honda CX500 was a great bike, during my college days. I had a Windjammer SS fairing and Krauser Starlet bags on it, a rack and backrest. In 2006, I bought a Yamaha Royal Star Venture, ending my line of Hondas. Also bought a Honda Rebel for my kids and later a Yamaha V Star for my older son (he has since used up that V Star and bought another).

After 95,789 miles on the Royal Star Venture, the dealer's bookkeeper ran into it, and I bought my current Victory Cross Country Tour. It's the first time that an American bike has suited both my needs and my tastes. Near 22,000 miles now, and the XCT has served me at least as well as any other bike that I've owned. I hope it will make it to the 100K mark as well as the Venture did.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Never owned a Suzuki or a Ural.

But, just about everything else.

Hodaka, Bultaco, Maico, Moto Morini, Puch, Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, Harley, Triumph, BMW, BSA, (and probably some that I can't remember) and now my very first Victory.

More than 50 street bikes - not counting the dirt bikes or ATVs.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Started out on a Benelli when I was 3 or 4. After that it was Yamaha dirt bikes. Man! I wish I could get ol' Nelli back...

·
Registered
120 Posts
2 BMW sport bikes. An XR and now the XC. Miss the last BMW at times. K1300S, but if I had kept it, I would not be posting here today, most likely.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I am still a newbie street bike rider. Got a Suzuki M50 4 years ago as my first street bike and now my Vic. Had a few dirt bikes as a kid though and I am actually bringing home a 1973 Kawasaki F7B enduro to try and bring back from the grave this weekend.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts