Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am not a mechanic but I had similar problems on a Honda years ago and the guy I took it to , did some routine maintenance on it (changing filters, plugs, wires etc) and this made a huge difference in fuels consumption. I would definitely get it looked at. I am thinking that the vibrations are contributing to your poor mileage.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
These bikes are not perfectly counter balanced. Some imbalance was left in to give the motor some "feel". Not sure how much vibration you have, but a little is normal.
As to milage; the first thing needed to be done is a throttle body cleaning. If it still persists then the TPS adjustment needs to be looked at

·
Registered
23 Posts
One of my friends has a 2008 hammer that was shaking real bad. He tried everything and the dealer showed him how to strap it. He took a winch strap like you tie motorcycles down with and ran it over the back jug and under the bottom of the frame than winched it real tight. Worked like a charm and it doesnt look that bad. Actually it looks pretty cool kinda like those straps you see on dragster engines. If it gets loose and starts to vibrate he just gives it a click.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Have you done what Kevin said about cleaning the throttle bodies and if you have did you take it to the dealer for a TPS adjustment?

FYI Kevin is a mechanic at a Vic dealer and considered to be one of the foremost authorities on our bikes.

·
Registered
99 Posts
These bikes are not perfectly counter balanced. Some imbalance was left in to give the motor some "feel". Not sure how much vibration you have, but a little is normal.
As to milage; the first thing needed to be done is a throttle body cleaning. If it still persists then the TPS adjustment needs to be looked at
Hey Kevin....Can you set the TPS on these up with a digi multimeter or do you have to have the Digi wrench?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Vibration

One of my friends has a 2008 hammer that was shaking real bad. He tried everything and the dealer showed him how to strap it. He took a winch strap like you tie motorcycles down with and ran it over the back jug and under the bottom of the frame than winched it real tight. Worked like a charm and it doesnt look that bad. Actually it looks pretty cool kinda like those straps you see on dragster engines. If it gets loose and starts to vibrate he just gives it a click.
I know this is an old thread, but the image of this guy "strapping down" his engine is hilarious! :ltr:

The dealer must have been "Goober's Quick Stop/Victory/and Tractor Supply Store"....:D

·
Premium Member
9,257 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but the image of this guy "strapping down" his engine is hilarious! :ltr:

The dealer must have been "Goober's Quick Stop/Victory/and Tractor Supply Store"....:D
yeah had to laugh:)...if the problem persisted maybe a strait jacket and some tranx in the tank:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.