Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help. 03V92TC. New plugs, new throttle body boot, all fluids changed, professionally cleaned injectors, cleaned tank, non-ethanol gas. The bike is hesitating and backfiring. It won't idle properly. I can't ride it--it's not safe. Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks. Harry

·
Premium Member
10,832 Posts
You can adjust the idle, it has an adjustment screw. Is there a aftermarket fuel controller on the scooter. Did you clean the throttle body throat.

·
Premium Member
10,832 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,832 Posts
It's been mistreated also. I'm trying to bring it back. I'm starting to get frustrated.
Yes it can be very frustrating getting it straight and running good. But when you get there it is great.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Revving hard when I spray the bottom of the brand new throttle body boot and the cleaned and new o ring injectors. The boot is tight. I'm stumped at this point.
I presume you're spraying starter fluid? I'd look at the injector o-rings - maybe they're just a bit undersized, or a bit of debris it keeping them from sealing...

If the ether is getting sucked in, then it's likely you've got unmetered air entering as well, which obviously will mess up the fuel/air mixture.

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
It is quite difficult to keep the vapors from starting fluid after it boils off at room temperature from finding it’s way into the intake. Might be what you are experiencing. A little starting fluid in the air goes a long way and will give you a false positive on an air leak check.

Use propane from a plumbing torch if you have one. Don’t light the torch and go around the suspect areas pointing it at every sealing surface etc. Else cut some cardboard baffles to isolate the air box from vapors, put a straw on the starting fluid can and spray just little spurts around any sealing surfaces of the suspected leaky assemblies.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The o rings are new. I don't know what "unmetered air" is? Could you possibly simply explain that problem? Thanks.
I was thinking that although new, they may be a bit undersized, or (as mentioned) there may be a bit of debris keeping the o-ring from sealing.

"Unmetered air" is air that is drawn into the intake that does not go through the throttle body, thus is not accounted for by the fuel injection computer, leading to a bad fuel/air mix and subsequent poor running. "Metered air" is the airflow that is measured by the EFI system to determine how much fuel to provide. (The throttle position sensor is the sensor used by the EFI to determine who much air the engine is drawing in. Other EFI systems can use different means of air measurement, whether mechanical or electronic.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Help. 03V92TC. New plugs, new throttle body boot, all fluids changed, professionally cleaned injectors, cleaned tank, non-ethanol gas. The bike is hesitating and backfiring. It won't idle properly. I can't ride it--it's not safe. Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks. Harry
This sounds eerily similar to the problem I had with my 2002. It turned out to be the fuel rail. I twisted gas (yellow) Teflon tape onto the threads, one wrap of the threads with tape and reassembled and torqued to specs. My V92c started right up and ran like a champ since.
One other thought have you checked the air filter & box to see if there is any unmeasured air getting in, or connections/clean the map sensor?
Best of luck I spent 6 months going back and forth until I found my gremlin.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts