1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
That is a nice looking bike.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
That there is a sweet looking bobbed little feather.
And well it should be.
For the Vic fans of Indian now that it shares the same bed, Mike Tomas (Kiwi) is THE Springfield repop king. He is tooled to do anything needed to an original Hendee and, if you are a little squeamish about trusting barn iron, he can build a complete NOS Indian out of his own repop parts bin.
It is an Indian regardless the NOS parts. Kiwi holds paper to slap the Indian label on their builds. That agreement followed the Gilroy award to build new Indians and Kiwi has rights to build Indian motorcycles based on the pre 1954 (I think) patents. I don't know where Polaris sits with that but why would they make a fuss? Tomas does what he does and it ain't the same as Polaris except they both are angling for the same high dollar market.
If you go to his shop, bring a drool cup.
Will Pop buy tickies to the raffle? Maybe he's a raffle hound already. If I was to get lucky I would ride the snot out of it. I doubt the AMA would post pictures of me on it however. They might take a dim view of a period correct duster, leather cap and gauntlets, goggles, and wool jodhpurs as appropriate PPE.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That there is a sweet looking bobbed little feather.
I thought you might like that.

If I was to get lucky I would ride the snot out of it. I doubt the AMA would post pictures of me on it however. They might take a dim view of a period correct duster, leather cap and gauntlets, goggles, and wool jodhpurs as appropriate PPE.
I don't think the AMA is quite the gear Gestapo that you may think they are:

http://www.allaboutbikes.com/motorcycle-news/law-legislation/6524-ama-stands-against-mandatory-helmet-laws

1 - 4 of 4 Posts