Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my Vegas on Friday.......Had it out for a ride today and it was popping fairly frequently. Never owned a cruiser so I don't know if this is normal or not. It is brand new (2 miles on it). Any thoughts?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Same problem here

I just bought a new 09 Vegas with the stock swept pipes.... frequent "popping" on decel. What's really annoying is that on the 2010 Vegas with the same exhaust that I test drove, there was none whatsoever. I've got the 500mile service coming up soon, I'll bounce the BCU/ TPS issues with the tech..... hopefully he can tweak something. Also, it seems like my belt is rubbing on the outer side of the pulley and not tracking directly down the middle..... is that just an alignment thing or something more sinister like a bad pulley ?? :confused:

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
The belt travel varies on different bikes. Sometimes its alignment and other times its just the way the belt travels on that particular bike.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I just bought a new 09 Vegas with the stock swept pipes.... frequent "popping" on decel. What's really annoying is that on the 2010 Vegas with the same exhaust that I test drove, there was none whatsoever. I've got the 500mile service coming up soon, I'll bounce the BCU/ TPS issues with the tech..... hopefully he can tweak something. Also, it seems like my belt is rubbing on the outer side of the pulley and not tracking directly down the middle..... is that just an alignment thing or something more sinister like a bad pulley ?? :confused:
No TPS adjustment possible on the 08 and up bikes. Totally different injection system. On your test ride you prolly rode the 2010 a little more timidly then you do the 09 you have become more familiar with. One thing is certain in the world of Victory. ALL Vic Swept pipes pop like a bitch. You can try unplugging your o2 connectors to reduce it a little. You won't trip a check engine light, and the overall drivability will improve

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the input guys....

Yes, you are probably right.... I have been "getting on" my baby a little more than the demo. lol Still annoying though... it makes it sound "cheap" and it was anything but.....

Where are these "O2" sensors exactly ?? And un-plugging them doesn't affect the bike adversely ??

Doug.:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Yes, you are probably right.... I have been "getting on" my baby a little more than the demo. lol Still annoying though... it makes it sound "cheap" and it was anything but.....

Where are these "O2" sensors exactly ?? And un-plugging them doesn't affect the bike adversely ??

Doug.:confused:
Sensors are in the front and rear pipes about 5" from the exhaust port. Hard to miss them.
While you MAY not pass an emissions test with them unplugged. the bike will run better, and stronger that way

1 - 13 of 13 Posts