Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That is what happens when you try to bend aluminum and don't know what you are doing. When you bend aluminum it becomes brittle now just imagine this vendors skid plates are failing just being bolted on the engine what kind of damage will happen if you really hit something? That aluminum skid plate due to the improper bending and brittleness of the aluminum could result in far worse damage to the bike.

This is documented by the way. Replacing one substandard part with another substandard part is not great customer service. Great customer service would have been refunding the money and pulling the substandard aluminum skid plate off the market.

HMD has it right in building them out of steel.

·
13,172 Posts
So who has aluminum plate and what did you hit

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Ok where is the documented case? Until you show the proof it is just you bitching about WD agai!:mad:
Look at Vic 1's past posts he's a troll that bitches or argues just to do it but brings nothing to the table. Every forum has one.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Look at Vic 1's past posts he's a troll that bitches or argues just to do it but brings nothing to the table. Every forum has one.
Perhaps we could convince admin to change his user namr to Troll1 so everybody understands what they get when he posts? :D

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
This guy is really hating on one company. Must suck to be that angry

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Also bending of aluminum depends on gauge of aluminum. I owned a bike shop and sold all kinds of high end aluminum bikes and aftermarket products without one single failure. Aluminum chain guards that prevented chain rings from being bent on rocks and trees, brake levers, seat posts, handlebars etc. a sod plate on a Yamaha YZ450 got beat to crap and didn't crack or fail and you hit a ton of stuff in motocross.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Title says "...aluminum skid plates are failing". When first challenged states that has seen no evidence of it actually happening but says that it is something we should just accept. Even refuses to identify WD as the supplier. This is a pure, dyed in the wool, troll post. Let the poster die on the vine. I see no integrity on this thread by the OP.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Go over to the three letter victory board and you will find the answer to your question. Considering most of you post over at that board as well it should not be hard to find the post that states the WitchDoctor Aluminum skid plate failed and he is being sent another one to replace it. Considering this is an untested product and it is already failing the prudent thing to do would be to refund the money and pull the product from the market until the issues can be solved.

As for how you see me I could care less, I called Jon out on his false claim that he shipped the entire order at once when Jon knows full well that is an out right lie. The order was shipped in two parts and arrived on different days. No tracking was ever provided, nothing. Piss poor experience. Oh I loved how Jon sent the second part of the order and required a signature for 20 dollars worth of stuff while the 540 dollars worth of stuff did not require a signature.

You want to question credibility, there is your lack of credibility.

Everything I posted is true. The only one who posted a lie was Jon/WitchDoctor.

The reviews I did were fair and factual where his products failed to meet standards or provide value they were ranked low, the products that did meet standards and provide value were ranked high and those that where so so were ranked in the middle. You can't claim I was not fair.

Word of mouth is a wonderful thing, I turned a good number of people on to his business, that will no longer happen as the market where I live is still a young Victory market and I will point those people to his competition from now on.

As for the guy who does his how to videos, I would not let him change the oil or air the tires on my Victory. To many videos he is careless in his handling of a customers property for example I have seen him in a video toss a chrome cover on the concrete that was to be reused, if that was my bike I would have went ballistic. Another video he removes a derby cover and bangs it into the custom brake pedal instead of covering the custom brake pedal and being careful. Other videos you can see he had problems and he just goes on acting like everything was OK when you can see in the video that he failed to complete the task. The fact is he is a very sloppy mechanic who does not seem to take much pride in his work.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I see no integrity on this thread by the OP.
or in the original poster...just look around, he's trolling everywhere. I must have really burned him good because every where he goes, he mentions me. :ltr:

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Please don't ever buy anything from me. Please

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Go over to the three letter victory board and you will find the answer to your question. Considering most of you post over at that board as well it should not be hard to find the post that states the WitchDoctor Aluminum skid plate failed and he is being sent another one to replace it. Considering this is an untested product and it is already failing the prudent thing to do would be to refund the money and pull the product from the market until the issues can be solved.

As for how you see me I could care less, I called Jon out on his false claim that he shipped the entire order at once when Jon knows full well that is an out right lie. The order was shipped in two parts and arrived on different days. No tracking was ever provided, nothing. Piss poor experience. Oh I loved how Jon sent the second part of the order and required a signature for 20 dollars worth of stuff while the 540 dollars worth of stuff did not require a signature.

You want to question credibility, there is your lack of credibility.

Everything I posted is true. The only one who posted a lie was Jon/WitchDoctor.

The reviews I did were fair and factual where his products failed to meet standards or provide value they were ranked low, the products that did meet standards and provide value were ranked high and those that where so so were ranked in the middle. You can't claim I was not fair.

Word of mouth is a wonderful thing, I turned a good number of people on to his business, that will no longer happen as the market where I live is still a young Victory market and I will point those people to his competition from now on.

As for the guy who does his how to videos, I would not let him change the oil or air the tires on my Victory. To many videos he is careless in his handling of a customers property for example I have seen him in a video toss a chrome cover on the concrete that was to be reused, if that was my bike I would have went ballistic. Another video he removes a derby cover and bangs it into the custom brake pedal instead of covering the custom brake pedal and being careful. Other videos you can see he had problems and he just goes on acting like everything was OK when you can see in the video that he failed to complete the task. The fact is he is a very sloppy mechanic who does not seem to take much pride in his work.
I've bought several things from him and everything has always went well with the transactions. I do agree that his "how to" stuff is scary. I watched the video where the tech takes down the forks. After he takes off the tire he throws it on the floor on the brake rotor. I couldn't believe he didn't even edit that out for mass consumption.

I did buy some of those foot control bushings of his second hand and they were awful. They did not fit and I took the damn floorboards on and off about 5 times trying to sand them down to the point where they worked and I finally gave up and yanked them back out (which was no easy task as the diameter of that was too big too). I put the old ones back in and the brakes work great again.

Maybe I should stick to buying the stuff he sells that was made by other people. :confused:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Please don't ever buy anything from me. Please
Are you the yahoo who did the deceptive Victory vs Harley engine series?

While you pointed out some things that Victory is hands down better then Harley design wise you also had a lot of false hoods thrown in like the chain drive garbage that you have been called out on and the you better check your oil every time you stop for gas on a Harley. There were a few other out right misleading statements in those videos as well.

If that is you then you are the typical used car salesman.

Also if you can't take real reviews of products maybe you should not be in business. I was fair and honest in the reviews I did on the products with 5 stars for some 1 star for others and 2 1/2 stars for the chrome dipstick that they brag about the double O-rings that don't leak oil. LOL, yeah right, I bought one of those 130 plus dollars chrome dip sticks and while it looks nice and that is the only reason I gave it 2 1/2 stars it leaks oil from the top. The oil works its way past both O-rings and collects at the top of the dip stick until it starts to drip on the exhaust. Sorry but that is fail in my book, due to the functional side.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
or in the original poster...just look around, he's trolling everywhere. I must have really burned him good because every where he goes, he mentions me. :ltr:
Oh look it is Barney Rebel again, do you want to get into the nasty PM's you have been sending me?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I've bought several things from him and everything has always went well with the transactions. I do agree that his "how to" stuff is scary. I watched the video where the tech takes down the forks. After he takes off the tire he throws it on the floor on the brake rotor. I couldn't believe he didn't even edit that out for mass consumption.

The thread I started was not a bash thread I was a supporter of his business but every business can improve. I thought suggestions and using a real order would start thing off to making it a great company but instead it turned into a bash fest. So be it. The response I got from WitchDoctors was we are number our customers love us. In other words they made a point to let me know their business is perfect so I made my choice to no longer support them and will no longer recommend them to new Victory riders in my area like I have in the past. The end result is they think they are perfect I don't and won't give them any more money. They are not the only game in town for Victory parts and their attitude will only help their competition down the road. Funny thing is WitchDoctors thinks the US Mail is the perfect delivery system. Well I lived in the Kendall area of Miami for a year and we could not get our mail i.e. our monthly bills. Have no idea what the post office was doing with them now think of 500 to 1000 dollars parts orders. That is scary. They need better choices for shipping, what do they care it is not their dime, the customer pays for the shipping when all is said and done. Even his current free shipping is built into the price of his products so you are not really getting free shipping. For some reason they choice in shipping is a bad thing. I never used his free shipping in the past by the way where you had to select it at check out. I prefer Fed Ex where I live but UPS is used to. Fed Ex seems to do the best in my area for me.

I did buy some of those foot control bushings of his second hand and they were awful. They did not fit and I took the damn floorboards on and off about 5 times trying to sand them down to the point where they worked and I finally gave up and yanked them back out (which was no easy task as the diameter of that was too big too). I put the old ones back in and the brakes work great again.

Maybe I should stick to buying the stuff he sells that was made by other people. :confused:
I shake my head at a lot of his how to videos the way they treat the parts tossing them on the floor. As to the bushings they state they remove the slop from the Victory shift and brake pedals.

I installed them in both pedals and both pedals have the same amount of slop in them with the brass bushing they are charging 29 dollars for as they did with the stock nylon bushings Victory uses. My brake pedal did not bind at all but again the brass bushings did not work as they advertised. The nylon bushings I removed were in perfect shape with 10,000 miles on them showing no wear.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
They should put an age restriction on joining this forum...must be an adult

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I shake my head at a lot of his how to videos the way they treat the parts tossing them on the floor. As to the bushings they state they remove the slop from the Victory shift and brake pedals.

I installed them in both pedals and both pedals have the same amount of slop in them with the brass bushing they are charging 29 dollars for as they did with the stock nylon bushings Victory uses. My brake pedal did not bind at all but again the brass bushings did not work as they advertised. The nylon bushings I removed were in perfect shape with 10,000 miles on them showing no wear.
What do you ride? I wonder if he made them fit a Vision and thought they'd fit a X bike. Mine were WAY larger than the original bushings and even after all the sanding still bound the brake such that I had to kick it up after every depression.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What do you ride? I wonder if he made them fit a Vision and thought they'd fit a X bike. Mine were WAY larger than the original bushings and even after all the sanding still bound the brake such that I had to kick it up after every depression.
I have a cross country tour 2013 model year.

The bushing fit mine, they just did not do what they claim.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts