Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 14" Portland electric chainsaw at Harbor Freight a couple of years ago. I went up to get a new cutting chain. They do not carry chains and said I would have to order it on line. I can't find anything on line and the store is no help. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Uless they are proprietary, it is likely a standard cutting chain and you should be able to find a replacement at Home Depot or Lowe's. Take the chain in to the store and check it against their replacement chains.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found one at Lowes. They looked it up for me on the inter-net. A Oregon chain # S52.Picked it up yesterday and installed it.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found one at Lowes. They looked it up for me on the inter-net. A Oregon chain # S52.Picked it up yesterday and installed it.
I also looked at the Oregon 14" chain bar at Lowes and it looks like it will fit the Portland chainsaw. On the chain package it did not say it fit the Portland chainsaw. But it did say it fit the 14" Chicago chainsaw. Chicago probably makes the Portland. Harbor Freight has been selling Chicago brand as long as I can remember.

I did get a reply from Harbor Freight and they gave me a part number for a Oregon 8" chain for my 14" chainsaw. I replied back that, that chain was 6 inches to short. I didn't tell them that I had found one. Make them go back and try to find it. The 8" chain fits their electric tree saw and I found that chain on the inter-net. But I could not find the 14" chain. Lowes found it pretty fast, but probably had a conversion/fitment chart on their computer. But anyway I have the chain now and tomorrow is going to be nice and I can get a bush cut down and a few tree limbs cut off a couple of trees.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts