Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at an '08 with just under 4000 miles, purchase from the 2nd owner, who bought his buddies bike as second owner, and now has not riding time.
Any specific items to check for? or other comments
Also, what is correct tire pressures f&r, as i'll need to ride this home 3+ hours if I do buy it when i see it.
Any siginficant differences on required service schedules or other ownership related things?
Comparing this to a new '11, and am aware of the new transmission and antilock on the new vs '08 but it's about 60% of new price so pretty interesting.
Appreciated any/all comments

·
Registered
567 Posts
Looking at an '08 with just under 4000 miles, purchase from the 2nd owner, who bought his buddies bike as second owner, and now has not riding time.
Any specific items to check for? or other comments
Also, what is correct tire pressures f&r, as i'll need to ride this home 3+ hours if I do buy it when i see it.
Any siginficant differences on required service schedules or other ownership related things?
Comparing this to a new '11, and am aware of the new transmission and antilock on the new vs '08 but it's about 60% of new price so pretty interesting.
Appreciated any/all comments
Look on the frame...tire pressures for both front and rear are posted there....

·
13,235 Posts
38 front and guys run 40 in rear to prevent cupping.
With cold weather and hot weather tire air pressure will change so check once a month. Buy a good gauge. Vic for the most part are way off.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
A couple of things come to mind about the 08 Vision. It was the first year for the Vision and it was the first year for the closed loop EFI ignition. Seems like there were a few hiccups along the way for both so making sure they have been addressed is the key. I don't know what all they were though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts