Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just stumbled on these while perusing other stuff on Amazon.

They are billed as bumper strips but it occurred to me they could possibly be used on bag lids as well.

What do you think? A decent inexpensive option or not?

I was thinking two per lid right where most boots catch them. Could also strap something on them for touring maybe.

·
Premium Member
13,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More...

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010M1HSMO/ref=pd_luc_rh_sbs_02_01_t_img_lh?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

Trimmed and placed right; these could look good. Especially on black lids.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Or maybe where the bags would make contact on a tip over.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Bob......
...what a great idea!!

I've been thinking of getting getting two of those tank protection pads sport bikers use for the bag lids because my riders(wife and daughters ***cough) can't seem to be careful enough and the bags lids are taking a beating. This is cheaper and cleaner alternative ....thanks Bbob
I like these:

edit:
I went with two sets of these guards, I like the black carbon-fiber bling and I have plenty of real 3M tape left over from my wind deflector experiments last year

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
I like the second ones better too Pain
I'll drag the bags in when they get here and kill an hour mounting them. If they look decent I'll be happy to stop buffing out scuffs from the lids :rolleyes: If not I can put them on my truck.
I'll post up pix when done.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
I spent my hour this morning installing the "bag lid guards". I don't think they look too bad or distracting, imo they add a little dimension. But mainly they'll protect the lids from getting the crap beat out of them. I still have to get the bike back together with all my crap on to see how it all comes together, I think it'll be fine

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Did this ever work out? Did anybody else try this. @PaiN did you keep them?

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Did this ever work out? Did anybody else try this. @PaiN did you keep them?
They worked out fine and yes the bumpers are still on the bags.

This is a pic from the last tour I rode:

·
Registered
415 Posts
I kinda like the idea, my lady friend has stumpy little legs and so far she's done a good job of not clobbering my brand new suede white bag lids. On the other hand, I'm usually the idiot that managed to knock my old ones myself.

I stuck a set of these on my Amazon wish list and I might just try them.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
@djh3 I like those thumb up When I get my Indian I'll add clear film protection from the get go.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Waaaaaay to shiny and the fronts were't wanting to stick so I peeled them off.

Attachments

·
13,188 Posts
What about the bottom of the bag. If your on the road and have to take the bag off. What are you going to set it on. Rocks gravel and so on

·
Premium Member
13,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Waaaaaay to shiny and the fronts were't wanting to stick so I peeled them off.
Probably could have used a little bit of clear silicone to keep them stuck on and roughed 'em with some fine Scotch-Brite to dull the shine.

I saw your link to them, thought to myself they would be good on my "old" orphaned Saturn at that price, so I picked up a set. They are sitting on the counter as I type this. Should be warming up more this week so it'll be time to get stuff like that done.

I think they look okay on your bike but do think wider ones would likely look better. Another one of those subjective things that matter only to the owner.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
I ordered these should be here Monday.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts