Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone,i have a 08 vegas 8ball,my problem is when i shift into first gear my trans bangs really hard(seems alot harder than usual.and finding neutral is just about impossible unless i shift in when coming to a rolling stop.i checked my clutch cable adjustment,seems to be right on the money.any advice would be greatly appreciated.diamond, i would love to hear what you think,thanks bro.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Check the free play on your clutch lever. My first impression is that you have too much free play and the clutch is not fully disengaging when you pull the lever in.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
You can only adjust your clutch when the bike is over night cold. You need more free play than you think. (You tube Victory clutch adjustment).

So I have to ask. How old is the oil? What kind are you using? If you are near the mileage for a change then change it. If you are using Vic's oil then it is useless after 3k . A good quality full Syn JASO MA rated oil can go 5k easily.

·
13,247 Posts
look in your owners book it will give you the measurements.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
i have about 2000 miles on my oil,i use the stock oil and filter.i will check the adjustment(freeplay).thanks for the advice,appreciate it.
No problem. Maybe we see you around. We Like to ride to Earls in Sebastian from time to time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts