Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all - new to forum and Victory. Have 08 Kingpin Tour with 1500 miles. Changed oil at 500 to Torco 20-50. Seemed to quiet things up a bit. Recently started hearing a 'dry bearing' noise maybe from clutch. Sounds similar to a clutch throwout bearing going out in a car. Only makes noise under throttle, goes away on compression and when clutch is pulled in. Checked belt alignment and it is true on both sprockets. Does not make noise with rear wheel off ground. Seems to be getting worse. I'll take it to the dealer, but was wondering if anyone else has had similar issues or thoughts? Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
08 kingpin tour noise

Hi My 08 tour started waht seems to be belt noise along with a mysterious metal clanking sound it has been to shop many times. They say its a defective sprocket and there is a list of vin numbers that have same issue. its in shop now waiting parts. good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possible clutch noise

Dealer thought it probably was the rear sprocket.....seems they had some that weren't machined properly. Went home and checked tension and alignment again......belt was loose and not quite centered. Tightened up and changed alignment a bit and no more noise :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
defective sprocket

My dealer replaced the rear sprocket , a pully and belt. The bike is perfect now all wierd or unexplainable noises have stopped. They say the issue has been around since 2006. IF it is a bad sprocket it will get worse with each mile and when you put a paasenger on or load up the bags it will get worse. ALL that said Victory stood behind the bike and I could not be happier. I had the slip on stage one package installed this morning. the results were fantastic. its a beautifull thing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Not sure if my sound is the same as what you've all been hearing, maybe you could help me out a bit.

I get this single little knock/tap sound if I have rolled on the throttle. Just as I roll off the throttle to shift gears, there's a single knock that sounds similar to a gear shift. That same sort of noise but not as loud. Thinking of bringing the thing to the dealer and having them ride it since it's brand new. Only has 300 miles on it and i'm already hearing noises i've never heard on any other bike i've ridden. I called my dealership and they said it is "normal gear lash" but i've never, ever heard it on another bike. Does this sound similar to what you're all talking about?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts