Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about leaving the sport bike crowd. Been riding a 2013 Kawi ZX6, and saw a 2009 Jackpot for sale for a good price. Was absolutely beautiful. Rode it for an hour today, and hated it.

Out went that idea. Then the salesman pulled out a 2014 Cross Country with all the fixin's that was heavily discounted.

Rode it, fell in love.

BUT-I am 28. And I dont do any touring. And dont plan on it.

What to do...what to do!

·
Registered
262 Posts
I never did any touring either. Till I got my cross country. It's just so dam comfortable and fun to ride. I just want to ride farther and farther. Don't think of it as a touring bike think of it as a bagger. I've put 28000 miles an it in 3 years. It took me 12 years to put the same mile on my kawi Vulcan. Just wait you'll see.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
What aspect of the Jackpot was bad? Knowing that might help others make good recommendations for you.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It just wasn't comfortable. My butt hurt and back hurt after riding it. Made no sense since I was able to sit up and lay back a bit compared to the Kawi

Was plenty powerful and the looks are killer. Really wanted the jackpot over the cc, but...

·
Super Moderator
4,942 Posts
Thinking about leaving the sport bike crowd. Been riding a 2013 Kawi ZX6, and saw a 2009 Jackpot for sale for a good price. Was absolutely beautiful. Rode it for an hour today, and hated it.

Out went that idea. Then the salesman pulled out a 2014 Cross Country with all the fixin's that was heavily discounted.

Rode it, fell in love.

BUT-I am 28. And I dont do any touring. And dont plan on it.

What to do...what to do!
If you don't do any touring and don't plan on it then why would you consider a bagger? I think at 28 you should wait at least a couple weeks and see if you still want it. You really sound more like a cruiser kind of guy and there are other options.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Just keep in mind, you don't have to tour just because you own a touring motorcycle...

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I rode a 2008 Ninja 1000 for four seasons , sold it got a Hammer , loved it but more of my buddies were getting baggers and riding further , I couldn't hack the harsh saddletime so I went with the XC . I've done a few things to it and it is BEAST , and handles like a sportbike in some ways . When I want to rip up the twisty's on goes my full face and my magnum blade windscreen , (so small its has no usable wind protection but looks killer) and I go tear it up ! You may be 28 , but I'm 47 going on 19 .:wink

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Don't think can go wrong with a Cross Country, whether touring or not, I ride mine around town all the time with no worries .. I like the option of the Big Saddlebags just to carry my stuff whether needed or not ..

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
You may be 28 , but I'm 47 going on 19 .:wink
I can vouch for that.... lol

derek1387 if I were you I'd take vindex's advice and sit on it a for a week. I love the XC but mostly because I do day trips and weekenders two up. The XC is not the bike I would want for bopping around town and bar hopping. Of course there are 50 million Street Glide owners out there that wouldn't agree with me :grin

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I can't do anything till Friday, so I have time to think about it

I would love to pickup the Jackpot. I just wish I knew why it was so uncomfortable for me.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
I love my XCT for bopping around town; simply because it's the only bike I have :)

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
You may want to look at the Crossroads if you think that big fairing may be too much for bar hopping.. LOVE mine whether it's around town or on the road for hours at a time. There may be sexier rides out there but nothing more comfortable. No regrets at all.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Jackpot should not be uncomfortable...maybe you just need to change or adjust the bars so you back doesn't hurt. A new seat is almost always a must with any bike you buy. My ass hurts after an hour so I'm heading down to Corbin Seats to have a new seat made as I've done with most of my bikes. I also changed out my bars so now I sit very comfortable and can just enjoy the ride. Here's my bike and I bar hop, tour, get groceries, take my lady out and on and on. I would consider the CC (bagger) more as it does everything well. Where I live baggers are the new cruisers and the majority of bagger riders here are under 35.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good information.

Thanks guys!

I am going to ride them both more this week and try to make a decision.

I love my 636, but.....something to be said about a cruiser....and it would definitely keep me out of trouble, more so than the 636.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts

I would love to pickup the Jackpot. I just wish I knew why it was so uncomfortable for me.
I wasn't overly fond of the Jackpot either, mostly the handling due to the Wide tire in back also didn't care much for the seat either .. Love the Looks of one though ..

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you do pick the Cross Country, spend the money and get the Stage 1 pipes.. The over all power and responsiveness that you gain is worth the additional cost!!! I had my Cross Country Tour (XCT) for week and found it a bit sluggish until I had the new pipes put on, man what a difference!!!

Your age should have nothing to do with the bike you ride, plus, chicks love riding and being comfortable!!!:nerd

·
Premium Member
8,719 Posts

I use an Airhawk R on my Vegas seat, rode 700 kms on Sunday not a problem

1 - 20 of 24 Posts