Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sold my Xb12Ss and I was considering trying out a cruiser for a bit. I get bored with bikes in about 6 months so I like to buy them cheap enough that I won't have an issue selling them. I went to check out an ad for a "Victory Vegas 8 ball" which is confusing to me because I thought those were two different models. Anyhow, it has 14,500 miles and he is asking $4,300.

The problem is the bike has a lot of cosmetic flaws that I know will give me a hard time reselling. The seller pretends he dropped it in his garage but I know he low sided it.

Here are the issues that I would like an estimate on fixing:

1. The pipe is scratched
2. The pipes are WAY too loud. I think he just removed the baffles. Can I shove them back in? How much do they cost?
3. The rubber mounted handlebar mounts are crooked and I can't seem to get them to tighten and align.
4. A lot of the metal has a corrosion on it that is common around the beach here in Florida. I usually overlooked this but when people are buying bikes from me they generally think it is a deal breaker.

Here are some pictures. Was I out of line to offer him $3,000? The bikes has been for sale for 2 months and he admitted that I was the first an only person to come look at it.

·
Registered
355 Posts
those look to be the stock pipes, if he has the baffles you could put them back in. or you could find a used set that someone took off, id guess high at 400 you could be quieter and in good condition. I believe the rubber bar mounts can be replaced pretty cheap too.

as far as a 3k offer that's over 25% off what hes asking, I would have said no too. problem is if you buy it youll probably want to hold on to this one a little longer.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts