Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Thursday night I got home from training, had a bite to eat, edited and posted a video. Then as I was getting up to hit the sack I suddenly felt a "fist in my guts" feeling come on :eek It progressively got worse and I wasn't able to sleep a wink. I was in rough shape but went into work Friday morning(I work at a hospital, figured I go to the ER if this didn't pass soon) I made it about 4 hours, things were getting ugly, not better so to the ER I went. I got diagnosed quickly with acute appendicitis and ended up under the knife by 11pm Friday night for an appendectomy... I've been at home recovering since Saturday afternoon. Its been such a whirlwind I haven't felt like posting but I'm doing pretty good at this point, healing well as far as I can tell and feeling more like myself again.
I need about a week for recovery...this is obviously unexpected time off and is going to eat up the ETO time I was planning to use for a NC motorcycle tour this year, so that trip is not going happen until probably next season :(
On a good note I did purchase a better helmet camera setup for making my PaiN's Rides channel vids.....While I recover I'll be getting the new Drift Ghost 4k setup, mounted and tested so once I get on the bike again I'll be good to go.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Last Thursday night I got home from training, had a bite to eat, edited and posted a video. Then as I was getting up to hit the sack I suddenly felt a "fist in my guts" feeling come on :eek It progressively got worse and I wasn't able to sleep a wink. I was in rough shape but went into work Friday morning(I work at a hospital, figured I go to the ER if this didn't pass soon) I made it about 4 hours, things were getting ugly, not better so to the ER I went. I got diagnosed quickly with acute appendicitis and ended up under the knife by 11pm Friday night for an appendectomy... I've been at home recovering since Saturday afternoon. Its been such a whirlwind I haven't felt like posting but I'm doing pretty good at this point, healing well as far as I can tell and feeling more like myself again.
I need about a week for recovery...this is obviously unexpected time off and is going to eat up the ETO time I was planning to use for a NC motorcycle tour this year, so that trip is not going happen until probably next season :(
On a good note I did purchase a better helmet camera setup for making my PaiN's Rides channel vids.....While I recover I'll be getting the new Drift Ghost 4k setup, mounted and tested so once I get on the bike again I'll be good to go.
Glad that you went to the hospital. My father in law lost his best friend to appendicitis. I'd rather you put off a trip than be worm food.

Here's to a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad that you went to the hospital. My father in law lost his best friend to appendicitis. I'd rather you put off a trip than be worm food.

Here's to a speedy recovery.
Thanks doob, so far so good.. Sorry about your Dad's friend. Appendicitis isn't messed around with, luckily mine was only inflamed, it didn't rupture or became necrotic...which is when this can become a serious issue.

·
Premium Member
6,038 Posts
@PaiN does this happen a lot to middle aged men or woman ?

I will start reading up on this subject

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@PaiN does this happen a lot to middle aged men or woman ?

I will start reading up on this subject

Andre using TaPaTaLk
It can happen to anyone, at any age....All it takes is the (useless)appendix duct to get blocked and whammo!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
If you just wanted to avoid the problem of eating my (scooter) dust on The Dragon, et al., you could've said something to me. Maybe Ken and I will just take a month off from retirement, and do the trip, anyway.

Um, get well soon! And holler if you need anything, e.g., we could bring you some cold pizza from Pepe's, that sort of thing.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you just wanted to avoid the problem of eating my (scooter) dust on The Dragon, et al., you could've said something to me. Maybe Ken and I will just take a month off from retirement, and do the trip, anyway.

Um, get well soon! And holler if you need anything, e.g., we could bring you some cold pizza from Pepe's, that sort of thing.
You saw right through me..... and still want to bring me pizza, I luv you man :devil

Before all this I was trying to work out plans for NC....The May dates weren't looking good for others interested and then there was this other tour going to PEI that was looking tempting. No matter now, long tour plans are squashed for the year. Which sucks, I really look forward to that get away, but I got plans on plenty of day rides and a few long weekenders to get into.
I'm sure well meet up soon...

·
Registered
546 Posts
Good to here you got to it before it burst! Maybe the stars will align and you can make NC trip after all.

Here's to a speedy and uneventful recovery cheers

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
One thing I've learned as a 3X cancer survivor is, I will go along with whatever it takes to keep me vertical and on top of the lawn. You do the same PaiN and you'll be fine. I know it's an inconvenience, there is a huge difference between an inconvenience and a problem. Glad you caught it in time.

·
12,984 Posts
PaiN
Your living up to your name thats for sure. Say long as you were on the job maybe you could get workman's comp. LOL
Heal fast take care

·
Registered
602 Posts
Hey man....glad you were able to get treated so quickly and you are on the mend...take and rest!!

Rob

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
I had mine out at age 25 ..... You're going to be fine "PaiN" and keep your riding plans. You got plenty of recovery time left to make your ride. Never give up ! !

·
Registered
158 Posts
Some of the worst pain I have ever had was my appendix prior to being yanked out. The next worst was six weeks later when my gallbladder "asked" to join his friend. Wish I had got a 2 for one.lol Never missed either of them!

·
Registered
317 Posts
An unplanned vacation like that sucks especially when it eats into other "FUN" plans.
At least you're ok

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had mine out at age 25 ..... You're going to be fine "PaiN" and keep your riding plans. You got plenty of recovery time left to make your ride. Never give up ! !
I wish I could keep my tour plans....but I only have so much ETO available and I have to go to Florida at the end this month for a family thing, I took half a week for a motovloger meet up going on in NH and NY this July and I have family vaca plans for later in summer to South Cali... Plus a long weekend or two for rides.
No worries....I'll get my miles in ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
I wish I could keep my tour plans....but I only have so much ETO available and I have to go to Florida at the end this month for a family thing, I took half a week for a motovloger meet up going on in NH and NY this July and I have family vaca plans for later in summer to South Cali... Plus a long weekend or two for rides.
No worries....I'll get my miles in ;)
I'll translate: ETO is (I believe) Earned Time Off. So it just sounds like he literally won't have the time off work to be able to go on this trip. :(

How far off base am I?

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll translate: ETO is (I believe) Earned Time Off. So it just sounds like he literally won't have the time off work to be able to go on this trip. :(

How far off base am I?
Yes exactly...sorry about that. Where I work all time off; holidays, sick and vacation is lumped in one big pool(ETO or PTO{payed time off}) of hours... I've been at the hospital for over 10 years so its a decent pool but it isn't endless, I have to watch it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts