Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, thank you ahead of time for helping me with my question. I'm looking at buying a 2011 Victory Cross Roads. It's a gorgeous bike and I love everything about it, however I didn't realize that the saddle bags weren't meant to be removed. I like everything about the bike except that I'd have to have the bags on 24/7. Has anyone removed these and done any cosmetic mods to compensate? Also, if that's not possible, does Victory have another model that pretty much is the same with removable bags? Also, the bikes has 43,000 miles. Seems high, but I figured it's no big deal. Sorry to be high maintenance but I figure you all are the experts.

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
There are other models of victory's that don't come with bags, Like the Vegas. These scooters are a 200,000 mile motorcycle. 43,000 miles is low mileage.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
The cross bikes need the bags to be on. Lot of models have no bags at all.

Mileage is decent. You do not want a 2011 with 5k miles for example. Spent most it's life sitting and that can be more of a project than one being used. That applies to any used bike.

Victory are nice rides. Buy one with bags for trips and another for your light cruising. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok yeah, so doing a bit more research it looks like the Vegas might be a better option for me, but haven't ruled out the cross roads :D Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Both... You want both. :cool:

I'm happy with my cross country tour in the city or the highway. All around enjoyable riding.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Yes, yes I do and a Ferrari, but my wife has said "no" to any motorcycles, I'm already doing this without her permission :D
Someone is getting a divorce. 🤣

·
Registered
275 Posts
Why would the fact that the bags are meant to be on all the time, be a bad thing??? Gives you locking storage for whatever you want, means you can have a small tool kit easily accessible, can carry a bike cover in one. Also great for carrying extra ammo, guns, booze, first aid kit, whatever ya need. The bike handles fantastically with them as any weight is low as compared to a 'Tour with the trunk on. Since your planning for a divorce anyway, it also gives you room for the new girlfriends to put their purses in when you go out on dates. :D

·
Premium Member
13,060 Posts
If you plan on doing any longer rides, say more than 200 miles in a day, then get the CR. The Vegas is a great bike but the CR is far better for longer rides and you will appreciate locking bags (if it has them) a lot. You could make some kind of sheet metal plate (painted to match) that goes on in place of the bags if you like though. It won't look perfect but would take away that "something is missing" look.

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
Bbob nailed it - a Cross Roads is quite versatile. I called mine my convertible because I could ride with no windshield, a shorty w/s, or a taller one, depending on what and how I was riding. One of the best things about a CR is the cases, I had mine 9 years and it was the best bike I ever had in my 67 years of riding.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
I started out on a motorcycle with no bags, and quickly realized that I really always wanted at least some storage. The Victory X-bikes have bags whose design looks integral to the design of the overall bike. They don't detract from the bike's look: they add to the bike's look.

After having ridden bikes with and without saddlebags (at least cruiser-style, that is), I'd never again buy a bike without them...

For what it's worth :)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
In 07 I bought a basic Kawaski Vulcan. One of the first things I ordered was a pair of XL leather bags. In Florida ya have to have some place to carry rain gear all the time. The Cross bikes being designed as touring bikes, the bags go with the flow of the bike. Instead of looking like 2 ammo boxs bolted to the sides like say some other US made bikes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Quite Happy with my 2011 Cross Country bought 3 months with 21,000 Miles .. Personally I like the Bags on a Ride .. Only Drawback is No ABS but got such a good deal on it was no deterrent on it for me when Riding 40 years without ABS ..

·
Registered
224 Posts
My 2014 Cross Country is so easy and nimble to ride I forget I have bags at all.
Unless it's just a "I don't like the look of any bags" thing with you don't think the bags are going to take away from your riding experience

·
Registered
123 Posts
Has any one figured out the warning label under the RH saddlebag? Lack of top belt guard and potential risk from snapped belt? Aerodynamics of exposed back mudguard causing stability risk? Or is it another one like "Never clean your ears with a loaded speargun?"

Warning label.jpg

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
my guess is the lack of a belt guard allows opportunity for body parts to get in places they shouldn't and get mangled or cut off. Obviously, this warning label demonstrates an abundance of caution.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
It's just about getting stuff caught in belt. Liability. If you get your belt broken or leg ripped off riding without bags they can point at the label.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Just get the Cross Roads OP. The 2011 in sunset red is the best of them all IMO!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts