Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've been riding all types of bikes for 20+ years. The bike type I've been most comfortable on has been a cruiser. I currently ride a 2001 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500. Its been a great bike but I would like a bike with a larger passenger space and a more seat comfort. I know the Victory bikes are said to be very comfortable. I've ridden a Cross Roads for about 30 minutes and liked it. I've had bikes with fairings and find that I prefer the openness of a windshield rather than a fairing. So a Cross Roads is what I want BUT I also want the hard bags and the tour trunk. I generally buy bikes used so my question is would it be cheaper to buy a Cross Roads that has the hard bags and trunk and remove the fairing? Or is that not such an easy task? I know sometimes bikes can have a lot of wiring concealed in the fairing so it might not be possible to remove it permanently. Would buying the trunk and mounting from Victory for a Cross Roads cost a fortune? Do they ever come up for sale as parts on the forum?

My Bikes

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should have said would it be cheaper to buy a Cross Tour that has the hard bags and trunk and remove the fairing. I don't see how to edit a post here.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I should have said would it be cheaper to buy a Cross Tour that has the hard bags and trunk and remove the fairing. I don't see how to edit a post here.
It'd be much easier to by an XR with hard bags and buy a trunk for it.

I have the leather bags, but they have locking latches and I added a lockable Kingpin trunk on mine.

Vic_Trunk_2.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The kingpin trunk could be a good option for a trunk. How much did the trunk and mount cost you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts