Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
13,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For forty some days we have not been above freezing so there have potholes showing up all over the place. Now we finally had a all most fifty degree one day and the bikes were coming out to ride.
If your in a city that has pot holes you know what I mean. There were two guys flying down one of the highways late at night and the highway patrol figured they were doing over a 100mph. One hit a pothole and went into a wobble and crashed. There found his helmet a couple hundred yards away from him. Yes he died his chin strap was not hooked.
Now the state is talking Halmet law again.
Don't rush into riding and look where you going

·
Registered
152 Posts
I haven't broken mine out because of this and the massive amounts of crap on the road. I want to, I see a few others out there as desperate as I... but I've really been fighting the urge because in a couple weeks it will be better and roads will be cleaner, pot holes are always about but at least I will be able to see them easier.

RIDE SAFE FUKERS!

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
What? You never heard of a brain bucket?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Why do we make laws to protect Stupids? We need to thin down the population a little. Or send them to Oregon.
For my entire life I haven't worn a helmet... for some reason though I feel like maybe I should try and get over the hate for them this season... I have no idea why I have this strange feeling that I need to try this but I'm not sure if I want to ignore it or not...

·
Registered
530 Posts
For my entire life I haven't worn a helmet... for some reason though I feel like maybe I should try and get over the hate for them this season... I have no idea why I have this strange feeling that I need to try this but I'm not sure if I want to ignore it or not...
Don't ignore that **** man. I'm not debating the law in states that don't require helmets. That is your choice. But if you're gut is telling you something...well ya never know.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Don't ignore that **** man. I'm not debating the law in states that don't require helmets. That is your choice. But if you're gut is telling you something...well ya never know.
:I agree: Agreed . Gut feelings should not be ignored .

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
I rod dekads witout a helmut su sht up

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Why do we make laws to protect Stupids? We need to thin down the population a little. Or send them to Oregon.
Thanks anyway, we already have our share of stupids. They run for public office as a Dem, the public employees pay dues (stupid too) to their stupid unions that pay for the stupid campaigns and our stupid electorate votes them in so Oregon can have a stupid government that thinks it knows how to spend your money and run your life better than you do.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Thanks anyway, we already have our share of stupids. They run for public office as a Dem, the public employees pay dues (stupid too) to their stupid unions that pay for the stupid campaigns and our stupid electorate votes them in so Oregon can have a stupid government that thinks it knows how to spend your money and run your life better than you do.
HA ! Sounds just like MA . Local government around here is laughable , especially our state senators .... Sad .

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
HA ! Sounds just like MA . Local government around here is laughable , especially our state senators .... Sad .
Seems to be a mental disease that's affected many, especially city dwellers. A possible cure is to put them helmetless on bikes (those with and without engines) and send them careening down a steep pothole riddled road at night.:ltr:

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Yes , dressed in all black with no lights either !:D

·
Registered
152 Posts
yeah I usually don't ignore gut feelings... I just don't like that I'm having this gut feeling after all these years of riding.

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
yeah I usually don't ignore gut feelings... I just don't like that I'm having this gut feeling after all these years of riding.
Life has an interesting inverse proportion; When you are young and have the prospect of many years ahead of you, you take chances that can snuff out that prospect in an instant. But when you are older, you do whatever you can to preserve what little is left. So now I am in my ATGATT, conspicuity and caution stage of life.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Look at it this way Devil Dog, wearing a helmet can only help you. It certainly won't hurt you cheers

It's like insurance - better to have it and not need it, than it is to need it and not have it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts