Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a couple of really tiny spots, which I think are rock chips, on the front forks of my 2011 Vegas 8-ball(on the lower black part). I'm assuming it's powder coated, not painted. Is there a way to touch these up?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've got a couple of really tiny spots, which I think are rock chips, on the front forks of my 2011 Vegas 8-ball(on the lower black part). I'm assuming it's powder coated, not painted. Is there a way to touch these up?
I don't know if your forks are powder coated or not, but if they are, the powder coating is a thermal process; it requires some serious heat. You'd have to disassemble the fork, strip the remaining powder coating off, re-apply and re-bake the powder coating.

·
13,235 Posts
Why not look up power coating in your yellow pages and ride over and ask them what would be best.
I'm sure they will give you good advice

·
Registered
87 Posts
They are powdercoated. For an entry level bike like the 8balls are, its probably cheaper than paint. Mine are all chipped up also. I use some cheap black turtle wax on them and it seems to work ok. Washes off after a couple washes so I just reapply. Other than removing them to recoat, dont know what else you could do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts