Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to powder coat the passenger floorboards on my '13 XCT. Does anyone know the process for removing the hinge pin and retainer ball and spring. I'm asking how to tear down the XCT passenger floorboard for powder coating and put them back together. Thanks

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I want to powder coat the passenger floorboards on my '13 XCT. Does anyone know the process for removing the hinge pin and retainer ball and spring. I'm asking how to tear down the XCT passenger floorboard for powder coating and put them back together. Thanks
The hinge pin is held in place by a circlip on one end of the bolt, at least on my '12 XCT. With that removed -- probably using a needle-nose pliers -- the bolt is free to be pushed or pulled out, with a nail set, or channel locks, or whatever works for you.

(In fact, that circlip came off one side, by itself, and the bolt almost worked its way entirely out. I put a new circlip on, and slathered it -- and the one on the other side -- with red Loctite. I'm not the only to have this happen; some other folks have drilled through the bolt, and added a cotter pin.)

Regarding the ball and spring inside, the shop manual has some nice views of all the floorboard bolts and pieces, but no discussion or indication of how the ball and spring are removed or put back in -- sorry. Maybe it'll be obvious, looking at that area, once the bolt and floorboard are removed.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts