Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought an old school sissybar froma member on here (thanks by the way - great price). However, the sissybar is black and my vegas is pearl white, vogue silver, and chrome... so i nede to get it refinished. I called around to get some chroming prices, then a guy i work with sent me this link and said i shoul dthink about getitng it powdercoated.

http://www.prismaticpowders.com/

So now I am thinking about getitng it powder coated a pearl white to match the tank and fenders.

The quetion I have is what has been other members experience with powdercoating and potential prices. I know every vendor may differ a bit, but I was just curious if any members coul dtell me how much powder coating jobs have cost them in the past.

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
So I just bought an old school sissybar froma member on here (thanks by the way - great price). However, the sissybar is black and my vegas is pearl white, vogue silver, and chrome... so i nede to get it refinished. I called around to get some chroming prices, then a guy i work with sent me this link and said i shoul dthink about getitng it powdercoated.

http://www.prismaticpowders.com/

So now I am thinking about getitng it powder coated a pearl white to match the tank and fenders.

The quetion I have is what has been other members experience with powdercoating and potential prices. I know every vendor may differ a bit, but I was just curious if any members coul dtell me how much powder coating jobs have cost them in the past.
Powdercoating is fairly cheap but doubt yr gonna get an exact match to a white pearl

·
Registered
152 Posts
Powdercoating is fairly cheap but doubt yr gonna get an exact match to a white pearl
Then I'm not sure how good your powder coater is.

The guy our car clubs and all the old bike guys use in my area has matched everything ever thrown at him. Even the my buddy's See though green with HEAVY silver flake. I mean THIS is what people are doing with powder coating now... so yeah, matching a color is BASIC level ****.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
with skills like that I could have a guy do a pearl white vogue silver sissy bar that flows with the colors on the rest of the bike. That is sick!

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Then I'm not sure how good your powder coater is.

The guy our car clubs and all the old bike guys use in my area has matched everything ever thrown at him. Even the my buddy's See though green with HEAVY silver flake. I mean THIS is what people are doing with powder coating now... so yeah, matching a color is BASIC level ****.

Really! ..well yeah Im behind the times in lotsa things,
Last thing I had powdercoated was 15 years ago and they were black wheels. I stand corrected.

·
Registered
152 Posts
with skills like that I could have a guy do a pearl white vogue silver sissy bar that flows with the colors on the rest of the bike. That is sick!
I have no idea where you live but dig around the custom classic car scene or the import tuner guys and you will find the good powder guys. OR you can make phone calls and go and look at their samples. Powder to the really good guys is an art, not just a service. Just take your time to find the right one!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts