Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 white CC on order. The dealer here in Phoenix will install a PC for $275 when the bike comes in. It will be dyno mapped at the dealer to match the free stage one exhaust upgrade they are adding. Sounds like a great deal, but I am wondering what it will do to fuel economy. Since I ride everyday & put on 10,000 miles a year, would like to stay in the 40mpg range.
Anybody have a PC on a CC, please let me know what to expect. The dealer says it gives "the biggest bang for the buck" when it comes to mod's.

Thanks,
JOKERMAN in AZ

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Power Comander

Rocket man: What kind of mpg are you averaging?
Also, did you get a big boost in torque once the PC was installed?

Thanks,
JOKERMAN

·
Registered
289 Posts
howdy

i have one on my 2010...plenty of power..typical twising rides are in the mid 40s...on a roll to flag last week ... 65-70 and some high 80s...i got in the low 50s...like in 52)...i was really suprised

had it put on after the first 500..

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PC

howdy

i have one on my 2010...plenty of power..typical twising rides are in the mid 40s...on a roll to flag last week ... 65-70 and some high 80s...i got in the low 50s...like in 52)...i was really suprised

had it put on after the first 500..
Sounds like you got your bike at AZ Victory? That is who I am dealing with in PHX. I am impressed with that kind of mileage with a PC. Do you have stock exhaust or stage 1?

Tnx,
Jokerman.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
If you for some reason feel the need to install a PC on your X bike. Spend the extra money, and install the PCV with auto tune feature. The extra money going in will offset the cost of having to dyno tune the non auto tune unit. The off the shelf maps I have seen for the X bikes are not real good

·
Registered
289 Posts
Sounds like you got your bike at AZ Victory? That is who I am dealing with in PHX. I am impressed with that kind of mileage with a PC. Do you have stock exhaust or stage 1?

Tnx,
Jokerman.
howdy jokerman
yup...az vic down here in tucson...put their "slammers" on too...essentially gutted the stocks to make straights i think...with a bit of bp from the cats...no pops and seems just fine at 3.5km+....i am holding for now, until i see something from HK or other...

the dyno i have (from memory) is [email protected] 3.2 .....hp = 109 @ 5K

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
howdy jokerman
yup...az vic down here in tucson...put their "slammers" on too...essentially gutted the stocks to make straights i think...with a bit of bp from the cats...no pops and seems just fine at 3.5km+....i am holding for now, until i see something from HK or other...

the dyno i have (from memory) is [email protected] 3.2 .....hp = 109 @ 5K
That would have to be the most optimistic dyno on the planet

·
Registered
289 Posts
That would have to be the most optimistic dyno on the planet
well, for sure, i do not have a handle on the reality of the numbers...i am just reading from the dyno-plot...(if they did what they say they did...i was not hanging around...and if not...then consider it for your phoenix buy and dealing)

so here goes...there is a parameter called AFR (air fuel ratio??) set at 8.033.. riding just about the peak of the plot...which looks to be 3200...the graph reads 124..... it drops out to 5100...labeled as 108 with the hp also labled at 106....

all in all, i am pretty neutral about it as the bike really moves me / us along pretty good... plenty of headroom for anything i will do.

i cannot really say anything about differences before or after....and as far as general performance...i am coming from a vtx13 and in my experience, there is really no fair comparision between the bikes.
(it's for sale on craigslist..really great machine if anyone wants to help me out)

so...from a non-motorhead...this is what the chart says...

i am happy with mine, whatever it is..

and good luck to you

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PC

Thanks, Guliverstoe.
I am coming off a "torque monster" Suzuki Boulevard C109RT, so that is why I want the PC when the CX comes in. By the way, my bike is up for sale as well!:ltr:

·
Registered
289 Posts
well...
to resume this thread...while finishing off a cigar..i looked up the dyno used...a dynomite...and from what i read it measures torque..a strain guage system....

and so from my plot...and doing the arithmetic....

124 at 3.2K is about 75 hp...and 108 at 5100 or so is about 108....hp...

now then...i am looking for some realism from you fellas...but the numbers kinda add up....

if it is plotting hp then it does not make sense....as in too bid at 3.2k

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stogey sense

well...
to resume this thread...while finishing off a cigar..

Hey, pal...........riding a Victory & enjoying a fine cigar..now that's worth starting a thread overthumb up
Maybe we could start a sub-chapter here in AZ...VICTORY STOGEY RIDERS? My new XC is due in next week with a tour pack....I might just have to look into lining it with cedar! I am partial to Drew Estate, how bout you???

JOKERMAN in PHX:not worthy:

·
Registered
289 Posts
howdy jokerman

DREW is a real treat stick for me ...atoms and kubas..but pricey...and my riding stick are usually the Krush

as for everyday... for about 5y now i have been getting the original cubans from cigars international...hands down the best deal i have found..about 2 bucks a stick...middle of the road in strength and i would reckon that i have had only 3 or 4 bad rolls in 5y (a lot of cigars round here)

good luck on the phoenix buy

·
Registered
13 Posts
C109rt

Jokerman:

Why are you going from the 109 to the Vic? Since you've ridin both, how do they compare in acceleration and comfort? Especially for 2 up?

Dean

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Suzi vs. Victory

Jokerman:

Why are you going from the 109 to the Vic? Since you've ridin both, how do they compare in acceleration and comfort? Especially for 2 up?

Dean
The difference is night & day but they are very different bikes. The Suzi will blow away any other V-twin on the road, but I spent well over a grand getting it comfortable for highway cruising. Rides a lot harder than the Vic & does not run as smooth. I only took a Cross Country on a test ride. My initial observation was very smooth, comfortable ride with awesome handling & a great seat, but very disappointing when it came to torque. As I said in another post, like going from a V8 powered hot rod to a Cadillac with a V6.
Since I'm an old fart over 50, my number one issue is comfort & that is why I am going to the Vic.

JOKERMAN in AZ

·
Registered
566 Posts
The difference is night & day but they are very different bikes. The Suzi will blow away any other V-twin on the road, but I spent well over a grand getting it comfortable for highway cruising. Rides a lot harder than the Vic & does not run as smooth. I only took a Cross Country on a test ride. My initial observation was very smooth, comfortable ride with awesome handling & a great seat, but very disappointing when it came to torque. As I said in another post, like going from a V8 powered hot rod to a Cadillac with a V6.
Since I'm an old fart over 50, my number one issue is comfort & that is why I am going to the Vic.

JOKERMAN in AZ
I went from a VTX1800 to the CC. The X had torque everywhere but the ride was brutal, especially two up. You can go through Lloydz and easily push the 106 engine to 105/105 to the wheel. I was talking to Kevin Ness and he says Lloydz is working on a turbo with his cams that will bring the 106 to > 160 HP to the wheel. :eek:

I don't want to void my warranty, which the mods would, but if I get the itch in a couple of years I might look at blowing the doors off some sport tourers. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts