Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some advice on which map I should use on a Power Commander 3 for my 2006 Hammer. I installed the Stage 1 Drag kit with the K&N filter and box cover (Part number 2875670).

There are two maps that look almost right:

921-001 2005 Victory Hammer Victory Stage 1 Kit
921-006 Victory Stage 1 drag pipes, S&S air box

or is there another map you know of that might work better?

Model with list of maps
http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/powercommander_maps_installs_product_buy_options.aspx?mdlyrid=921-411&make=356&model=360&make-n=Victory&model-n=Victory Hammer &year=2006&mk=356&mdl=360&yr=1256

·
12,984 Posts
write Rylan at the vic shop and get a great map from him. tell him every detail to get the most. Get a Lloydz timing wheel for real power

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
4,873 Posts
When you say they don't work well, what do you mean?
He means you need to get the bike on a dyno and have it tuned. The combination of parts you have chosen are not going to give you much in the way of power, and the Power Commander doesn't 'make power' at all... the Power Commander is simply a means to tune the engine to whatever your combination of parts may be.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, exactly all I'm looking to do is tune the engine to the parts I now have installed. I'm not looking to tune the engine for optimum performance. Like my original question states, I'm just looking to run the best of the two programs to stop the popping that I'm having since installing the pipes. The stock hammer has all the power I need.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yes, exactly all I'm looking to do is tune the engine to the parts I now have installed. I'm not looking to tune the engine for optimum performance. Like my original question states, I'm just looking to run the best of the two programs to stop the popping that I'm having since installing the pipes. The stock hammer has all the power I need.
Though I know nothing I think what you are missing is no 2 bikes are the same. What is good for one may be ok for another but could also cause a different problem. The best way to get what you want is to get it dyno tuned. IMO if you are getting a power commander of any kind it should be with the intention of getting it dyno'd as that is it's real purpose. Get the optimum fuel mileage with the benefit of a machine that runs the way it should. This is why I haven't gone this route yet.

·
12,984 Posts
not sure how far you are from Pine Bush Ny. Go see Lloydz he's the guru for Vic's

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the feedback guys, I'll have to think about going through the expense of getting it on a Dyno and trying to find someone in the Rochester area, that can do that type of work.

I've installed the PC and it seems to be idling smooth with the "921-006 Victory Stage 1 drag pipes, S&S air box" map. While rolling the throttle the pops are gone as well. I won't be able to really tell if its running as good as I need until the spring. Salted ice covered roads are not my thing.

The bike couldn't even run with the first stock map I tried, "921-001 2005 Victory Hammer Victory Stage 1 Kit". it would die very quickly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I got home today it was just above freezing but, the roads where clear. I took it out for a 10 mile ride. It was one cold ride but, the bike ran flawless. I couldn't be happier.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts