Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started picking up the parts for my winter mods. My PC-V came in yesterday and I've already loaded up a very relevant map for my mods. I even got my Rev Extend code sent to me by the end of the day! I'm debating about getting an Auto Tune since I have a couple of good tuners in the area but I have a couple of hair brained ideas. Maybe you folks can help me flesh out a few of those thoughts.

I'm thinking I should have the bike dyno'd and set up for max performance. Nothing but an all out assault of HP and TQ with my installed mods. Then, if the price is right, I'd install an Auto Tune. I would do this to make a cruising/general riding purpose map over the course of time. I'd have both maps available and when needed I'd switch between the two with the flip of a switch.Sounds easy in concept but application of the concept is always the stickler. What say the inmates?

Just so VisionJohnny doesn't get perturbed...this will be done on a 15 XCT in Chicago. : P lol. The mods I am doing are PC-V, Lloydz ATS, Lloydz Filter, VM1-HPT cams, and Freedom Perf True Duals. I had this similar set up on my '10 XR and loved it.

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts

·
12,983 Posts
You're funny. You been here long enough to see these people ask question and don't say what they have for a bike but except help.
Facebook is the worst.

I would think a dyno tuner would give you the best overall tune. You would have to ask him what would be the difference between normal tune and race tune. More than likely a normal tune will be just fine for you. I take it you bought the PCV from not one of the 4 major tuners cause they would of put a mape in it for you
Long as it's still winter ask you dyno tuner what he recommends for exhaust and intake or maybe take the bike down to the vic shop and get cams and dyno tune.

·
Premium Member
988 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You're funny. You been here long enough to see these people ask question and don't say what they have for a bike but except help.
Facebook is the worst.

I would think a dyno tuner would give you the best overall tune. You would have to ask him what would be the difference between normal tune and race tune. More than likely a normal tune will be just fine for you. I take it you bought the PCV from not one of the 4 major tuners cause they would of put a mape in it for you
Long as it's still winter ask you dyno tuner what he recommends for exhaust and intake or maybe take the bike down to the vic shop and get cams and dyno tune.
I feel your pain VJ! Figured I'd try to make you laugh.

I've chatted with my tuner before and he'd be more than happy to set up my bike to my liking. No issues there at all. I'm just curious if anyone has done something similar with switching between two maps and how they went about it.

I picked up my PC-V from Amazon and had my tuner give me a copy of my previous map. Considering I'm doing pretty much the same mods, the map will put me in the ball park. It'll just need the fine tuning done by my tuner.

I've researched my mods for the last bike and really liked the combination. Between the power increase and the looks, I'm sold on it. I want the same for this new bike.

Since my cam install write up is still being used, I'd like to update it. As I install the cams on this bike, I'll freshen up the guide and add in where needed, particularly in regards to rocker arm and cam carrier clearancing. Nothing against Rylan, Kevin, or Lloyd but I figured I can do the grunt work. Besides, It'll give me something else to do besides brew beer and consume same.

One of the reasons for wanting to switch between maps is because I have a switch that needs a proper use. Can you blame me?

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If they are done correctly both your "Power" map and the "Economy" map will be identical.
A good tune will yield both max power AND max economy. There is no need to have two maps.
Thanks for the info Rylan!

This was exactly my thought but I have seen a couple of dyno tunes which will raise the AFR to give a "max economy" tune. I'm fully aware to avoid these fools but the claims they make are a bit enticing at first glance. Mind you, if I'm riding with the bride, loaded up for a week of playing tourist, I'm concerned with the fuel stops. Most of my regular riding is by myself or with neer do wells and displays of manliness are mandatory. I'd like to have the best of both worlds and if it means hitting a switch then I'm all for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts